Pulse-Combustion Boilers Reduce Condo's Electrical Consumption
- Boiler Replacement Benefits Large Condominium Complex. // PM Engineer;Aug2011, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p40
The article discusses the efforts of Washington, D.C.-based The Lauren condominium complex to replace its 37-year-old, 250-horsepower boiler to deliver heat to the 10-story building. Jack McNabb, the consulting engineer, recommended the installation of two natural gas-fired Fulton Pulse Boilers...
- The Research and Application of AGC in Circulating Fluidized Bed Unit. Peng Zhou; Xiaogang Xin; Shihui Chen; Xiaohong Guo; Chunxia Yang; Biao Wang // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 541-542, p1271
The circulating fluidized bed boiler (CFB) power unit with its energy-saving and environmental protection has broad application prospects, but the problem of CFB unit automatic control has not been solved satisfied, so automatic generation control (AGC) can not be stabilized input. Through the...
- Energy efficiency for aging condos. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Dec96, Vol. 223 Issue 12, p8
Reports on the energy efficiency program for aging condominiums in Washington, D.C. Alliance between Washington Gas Energy Systems and National Cooperative Bank (NCB) for the overhaul of energy-delivery systems in large buildings; Tasks of Gas Energy Systems.
- Mary Douglas Drysdale. Geran, Monica // Interior Design;Feb95, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p114
Features the design of a condominium unit in a residential building in Washington, D.C. Design by Mary Douglas Drysdale; Original layout of the unit; Existing flaws; Design scheme.
- Predicting Energy Savings. Cautley, Dan // Home Energy;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p32
Talks about energy saving projections for the plan of McLean Gardens condominium in Washington D.C. to replace windows. Description of the rental housing; Details on airflow measurement; Projected cost savings. INSET: Other Considerations in Window Replacement..
- CANNONBALL! THOMAS, MICHELLE // Washingtonian Magazine;Jun2014, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p138
Photographs of outdoor swimming pools at several apartment and condominium buildings in Washington, D.C. and the surrounding cities are presented including the 30-foot pool atop the Avenue, an apartment building in Washington, D.C., an oval private pool behind a home on Capitol Hill and a...
- On the Market. Gilbert, Sophie // Washingtonian Magazine;Oct2009, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p100
The article offers information on various condominium developments in Annapolis, Maryland It states that the Park Place property is the largest luxury condominium development in the state, with about 208 units. It adds that the GrandView condominium features a fitness center and a rooftop pool...
- Walking Distance. Fox, Billy // Washingtonian Magazine;Aug2007, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p191
The article recommends several luxury condominiums in Washington, D.C. for people looking to buy a new condominium. Such condominiums offer individualized features and eco-friendly structures. Lofts Eleven is considered one of the most innovative condominiums in the district, which captures the...
- Colonial Charm. Farber, Zac // Washingtonian Magazine;Mar2011, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p149
The article provides information on the new apartment buildings in Washington, D. C. in March 2011. It mentions that clients who are interested at the Victorian-style townhouses at the real estate owned by Wormley Row are allowed to customize the finishes and layout of their homes. Some of the...