THE QUEST for Maximum Boiler-System Efficiency
- 'Freebie' Boilers Stoke Battle With Utilities. Hall, John // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;1/27/2003, Vol. 218 Issue 4, p91
Reports on the installations problem of boilers. Conversion of heat pumps to electric heat and free boilers; Complaints of contractors on cross-subsidization of furnaces; Advertising budget of contractor Chuck Shaw.
- Geothermal use gains ground. Soder, Chuck // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/1/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 48, p4
The article focuses on the increase in demand for underground geothermal heat pumps. This increase in demand is said to occur due to the growth in interest in energy conservation in the wake of the current economic slump. The U.S. government is offering tax credits to encourage homeowners and...
- Reliability, Versatility Strengthen Commercial Heat Pump Market. TURPIN, JOANNA R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/5/2015, Vol. 256 Issue 5, p1
The article discusses the growth in installing heat pumps, both residential and commercial buildings in the U.S. for energy savings, affordable comfort, and lower utility bills. Topics include the role of heating & ventilation industry (HVAC) to supply heating and cooling systems to the U.S....
- Something in the air. Kellett, John // Heating & Ventilating Review;Jun2008, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p32
The author considers a method of heating with an air source heat pump as a more environment-friendly alternative to the dominant method of heating in Great Britain which is the gas boiler. He says that air source heat pumps which are widely used in Europe require minimal maintenance and can use...
- Heating Products Earn Best Buy Rating. // Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration News;12/25/2006, Vol. 229 Issue 17, p6
The article reports on the ratings of several heating products such as furnaces, boilers, heat pumps and hybrid systems. The selection was based for energy efficiency, noise levels, features and reliability. Products include Bryant Evolutionâ„¢ Plus 90iâ„¢, Rheem Prestige 90 Plus RGFD...
- COLUMN. Carpeter, Simon // Heating & Ventilating Review;Apr2015, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p21
The article discusses benefits of using Heat Interface Units (HIUs) in heating systems of centralised boiler plant including low fire risk due to eradication of multiple gas supply need, monitoring amount of energy used by individual residence and integrating heat pumps in centralised systems.
- How you can maximise heat pump performance. Rodd, Graham // Heating & Ventilating Review;Apr2013, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p20
The article discusses the technological developments in the heat pump industry, particularly in Great Britain. It focuses on how to optimize the performance of a heat pump, as well as how to use air source heat pumps (ASHP) to significantly lessen the installation costs of ground source heat...
- Water-source heat pumps in the retrofit market. Vukovic, Vladimir // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;03/24/97, Vol. 200 Issue 12, p10
Describes the application of geothermal water heat pump (GHP) technology in retrofitting two boiler-tower systems. Advantages of a closed-loop system; Benefits of retrofitting a boiler-tower system with GHP.
- AHR Expo products 5,577 are getting smarter. MADER, ROBERT P.; ROULO, CANDACE // Contractor Magazine;Feb2014, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p1
The article offers information on the 2014 AHR Expo in New York. It says that there are more than 1,800 exhibiting companies. Among the products exhibited include Taco SelfSensing series of pumps with iWorx Pro View, Navien's NCB Series combi boiler, and AeroTherm heat pump water heater from...