Navigating an Energy Audit
- Thermocouple Response Time Study for Steam Temperature Control. Taft, Cyrus; Sorge, John; Willis, Jackson // Power;Feb2011, Vol. 155 Issue 2, p48
The article discusses methods to measure response time of the process measurement used in the control system performance of power plants. It has been stated that temperature measurements like steam temperatures in the boiler, in particular the final superheater outlet temperature and the...
- CHAPTER 27: BOILERS. // ASHRAE Handbook: Heating, Ventilating & Air-Conditioning Systems;2004, p27.1
Chapter 27 of the book "2004 ASHRAE Handbook: Heating, Ventilating and Air-Conditioning System and Equipment" is presented. It explores the classifications of boilers, its selection parameters, efficiency input and output ratings as well as its performance codes and standards which includes...
- Boiler, pressure vessel injuries triple in 2001. // American Drycleaner (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Aug2002, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p10
Reports the assessment on the incidence of injuries from boilers and pressure vessels in Ohio. Disclosure of the incidence report by the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors; Percentage of injuries attributed to human error; Increase of the incidence in a specific range of year.
- Pressure vessel code. // International Power Generation;Jan98, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the availability of information packs on the 1998 ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code from the British Standards Institution.
- Boiler and pressure vessel accidents, deaths up in 1999. // Engineered Systems;Jul2000, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p88
Reports on the increase in the total number of injuries and deaths in the United States and Canada involving boilers and pressure vessels in 1999 according to the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors. Percentage of incidents accountable to human error.
- Boiler deaths and accidents declined somewhat in 1996. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/06/97, Vol. 202 Issue 6, p18
Reports on the National Board of Boiler & Pressure Vessel Inspectors' findings on the number of deaths and accidents involving boilers and pressure vessels in Canada and the United States. Data from the organization's `1996 Incident Report' publication; Comparison with figures in 1995.
- Maintaining boilers for safety. Rogers, Terry; Murray, Donald // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;08/09/99, Vol. 207 Issue 15, p15
Discusses preventive maintenance tips for boilers. Causes of accidents; Overheating of exterior shell and insulation; Checking for water leaks; Monitoring of boiler's chemical mixtures.
- Boiler, pressure vessel injuries climb 69%. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/09/96, Vol. 199 Issue 2, p13
Reports on the increase in the number of injuries involving boilers and pressure vessels in North America in 1995. Publication of figures in the `1995 Incident Report' released by the National Board of Boilers and Pressure Vessel Inspectors; Factors behind increase in injuries.
- Boiler, pressure vessel accidents rise in 1997. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Sep98, Vol. 98 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the increase in number of deaths and accidents involving boilers and pressure vessels in Canada and the United States in the year 1997. Data from the `1997 Incident Report,' released by the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors.