Ban angers Native fishermen
- President Meets with Angling Groups. // Salt Water Sportsman;Jul2004, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p40
Focuses on the invitation of representatives from the American Sportfishing Association and the Coastal Conservation Association from U.S. President George W. Bush for a meeting with him at his ranch in Crawford, Texas.
- Catch & Keep. Randolph, John // Fly Fisherman;Sep2005, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p4
Presents information on the conservation of fish as a public idea.
- Campaign to restore large ocean fishes. Griswold, Whit // Salt Water Sportsman;Sep95, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p28
Reports on the launch of the Ocean Wildlife Campaign by a coalition of conservation organizations in the United States. Decline in population of ocean fishes; Contact information.
- Boosting Public Awareness of Fish. Hinman, Ken // Salt Water Sportsman;Mar2001, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p120
Deals with the level of public awareness and concerns on fishery conservation in the United States.
- Time and tough decisions needed to recover overfished stocks. // Professional Fisherman;Oct2003, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the challenges involved in the restoration of overfished stocks in Australian waters.
- FISH. // Food Manufacture;Mar2002, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p5
Reports the launching of a guide on fishes fit for consumption by the Marine Conservation Society.
- Throw the big 'uns back in the sea. Hecht, Jeff // New Scientist;7/13/2002, Vol. 175 Issue 2351, p21
Explains the need to throw back big fishes in the sea to maintain fish population. Study conducted at the Stony Brook University in New York; Comparison of fish population biomass; Selection of pressure for slower growing fishes.
- Parody or piracy? Cunningham, Rip // Salt Water Sportsman;Aug94, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p4
Editorial. Comments on the Organized Fishermen of Florida's (OFF) efforts to fight the ban on net fishing in Florida. Save Our Sealife Committee's petition to limit Florida net fishing; Formation of OFF fund-raising group Save Our Seafood; Controversy over Save Our Seafood solicitation letters.
- National Marine Day. // Lantern;Oct93, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p64
Presents South Africa's National Marine Day held on the first Friday in December, 1993. Theme of the Marine Day for the year 1993; Information on the Continental Shelf; Oceanic inhabitants of the Continental Shelf; Preventive measures against the exploitation of the marine species.