Finance reform revived
- Industrial assurance. // Accountancy;Jan2002, Vol. 129 Issue 1301, p115
Reports the effectivity of the amendments on the Finance Act of 1996.
- Royal Assent. Green, Chris // Accountancy;Sep87, Vol. 100 Issue 1129, p44
Reports that the 1987 Finance Act has received Royal Assent without the amendments sought by legislators in the British House of Commons.
- A Rainy-Day Fund at Last? Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/17/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33647, p7
The article offers information on the proposed amendment to the legislation by a partisan coalition consisting of 28 senators in Kansas, that would create a rainy-day fund.
- FOFA carve-out for time share commissions. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;8/2/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p8
The article reports that the Federal Opposition urges Bill Shorten, the Minister for Financial Services and Superannuation, to introduce amendments to the Future of Financial Advice (FOFA) legislation.
- Close investment companies--amendments to Finance Bill. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina; Wisdell, Ana // Accountancy;Jul1989, Vol. 104 Issue 1151, p53
This article reports on the major amendments to the proposed finance legislation on close investment companies (CICs) announced by British Financial Secretary to the Treasury Norman Lamont in response to the number of representations received on the 1989 Finance Bill. Clause 100 states that a...
- APPENDIX 2 Reporting Requirements and Regulations: APPENDIX 2.3 Money Laundering Control Act of 1986. // Bank Security Desk Reference;2013, Vol. 2, p105
An appendix is presented of the pertinent details of the Money Laundering Control Act of 1986, including new offense for laundering of monetary instruments, amendments to the Right to Financial Privacy Act, and structuring transactions to evade reporting requirements prohibited.
- May tax card changes. // Accountancy;Sep74, Vol. 85 Issue 973, p19
The article focuses on changes made to the British 1974 Finance Act. The amendments were required to be published in reference to Budget or the Bill in its earlier stages. The amendments are related to the "Income Tax Supplement" published by the periodical "Accountancy".
- New U.K. Covered Bond Regime Uncovered. O'Connor, David // Asset Securitization Report;7/7/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 27, p17
The article offers information on the 2008 Regulated Covered Bond Regulations of Great Britain. According to the author, the new legislation allows British credit institutions to issue covered bonds with compliance with the undertakings for collective investments in transferable securities...
- Momentum for tax law builds up. // Accountancy;Apr95, Vol. 115 Issue 1220, p16
Reports on the proposed amendments to the Finance Bill to simplify the tax system in Great Britain as a result of the lobbying efforts by the Chartered Institute of Taxation. Inclusion of the proposed simplification of the tax system in clause 22 of the Finance Bill; Introduction of the Tax Law...