BMA Elects New Officers, Directors
- Central Oriental names Ferullo president. // Furniture/Today;01/15/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p78
Reports the appointment of Mark J. Ferullo as company president of Central Oriental. Replacement of company founder Peter Burnham; Career background; Appointment of Gerald Weaver as national sales manager; History of Central Oriental.
- Searching to recover firms' lost CEO-selection process. Wackerle, Frederick W. // Crain's Chicago Business;7/23/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p11
Comments on the chief executive officer (CEO) selection process of corporations in the United States. Failure of corporations to select the right replacement; Cause of the failure; Considerations in the selection of CEO.
- 20 questions. Wyatt, Janice B. // Trustee;Sep95, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p24
Presents critical questions to help a company in selecting a new chief executive officer. Assessing the candidates' leadership ability; Communication skills; Team-building and empowerment; Motivating and ensuring results; Negotiation and conflict.
- Innova installs Vazquez. Tegel, Simeon // Daily Variety;5/6/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 47, p6
Reports the appointment of Cablevision chief executive officer (CEO) Pablo Vasquez as head of satcaster Innova in Mexico. Role of Vasquez in the operations of Sky Mexico; Impact of Cristobal Rugama's death on the career of the CEO.
- Lessons in CEO succession can be learned from politics. Drake, Rodman L. // NACD Directorship;Mar1997, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p6
Offers corporate boards guidelines for choosing which chief executive officer (CEO) to appoint. Criteria for selection; Age as an important criteria for selection; Vision; Integrity; What employees look for in their CEO.
- The vanishing director. Cordtz, Dan; Reingold, Jennifer // FW;10/12/93, Vol. 162 Issue 20, p22
Analyzes the practice of hiring objective nonemployee chief executive officers by companies. Lack of time as common excuse; Court cases as main reason; Upsurge in securities litigation; Lawyers'practice; `Business judgement'; Citing of Trans Union Corp. case.
- Growing number of CEOs are coming from `without'. Fitzpatrick, Doreen D. // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/05/96, Vol. 35 Issue 32, p11
Focuses on the hiring of chief executive officers from outside of the company, rather that promoting from within. Scrutiny from stockholders and board of directors; Criteria selection; Comments from industry executives.
- More CEOs coming from `without'. Fitzpatrick, Doreen D. // Westchester County Business Journal;8/05/96, Vol. 35 Issue 32, p11
Reports on the trend towards the appointment of chief executive officers from outside the companies. Major companies that have appointed chief executives who were not previously their employees; Comment by James LoRusso, managing director of Drake Beam Morin Inc.; Reason for the trend.
- BMA selects new board members. // ABA Banking Journal;Oct96 Supplement, Vol. 88, p124
Reports that the Bank Marketing Association (BMA) has selected officers and five directors to lead the association beginning September 1, 1996. Background information on Faye E. Cannon, who was chosen as chief operating officer; Information on the other appointees.