'Numbers guy' puts his focus on budget
- REP. SCHWEIKERT BLOWS OUT THE CANDLES WITH GUMBO. // Hill;3/8/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p28
The article reports on Arizona Representative David Schweikert's appetite for gumbo, a classic Lousiana dish which became the congressman's birthday tradition.
- POTENTIAL LOSERS IN DOLLAR BILL VS. COIN DEBATE: STRIPPERS. Kurtz, Judy // Hill;10/4/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 134, p36
The article reports on the introduction of the dollar coin bill in replacement of the dollar bill, by U.S. Representative David Schweikert and two House Republicans, which could save billions of dollars since metal lasts longer than paper.
- IN THE KNOW. Kurtz, Judy // Hill;4/4/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p28
The article offers information related to Washington D.C. including the bipartisan hike in Grand Canyon tackled by governors David Schweikert and Peter Welch, the Easter-inspired goodies whipped by chef Paul Qui, and the endorsement picked by U.S. Representative Allen West from John Wayne.
- IN THE KNOW. Kurtz, Judy // Hill;7/31/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 98, p20
The article offers news briefs from the U.S. including sharing of phone number to the public by the U.S. Senator David Schweikert, introduction of a new board game named The Presidential, and the offer of sale of pint glass and thundersticks of two U.S. politicians.
- Boehner to match Quayle donation for Schweikert. // Hill;3/26/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p14
The article reports that U.S. Congress House Speaker John Boehner will give Arizona Representative David Schweikert a contribution to match the contribution that he made to Arizona Representative Ben Quayle.
- Is it time for a change in our change? Geer, Charles E. // Granite City Press-Record;12/7/2011, Vol. 53 Issue 84, pA7
The article presents author's opinion on the dollar bill proposed by U.S. Representative David Schweikert which could save the U.S. government 5.6 billion dollars over 30 years.
- Should the U.S. Get Rid of $1 Bills? SCHWEIKERT, DAVID; DECLEENE, RANDY // New York Times Upfront;5/14/2012, Vol. 144 Issue 14, p22
The article focuses on the question of phasing out one U.S. dollar bills and replacing them with coins. Opposing stands on the issue are presented such as the affirmative stand of U.S. Congressman David Schweikert of Arizona who says it would save the U.S. more than four billion U.S. dollars....
- GOP members vow to go rogue if leaders ignore 'Hastert Rule'. Hooper, Molly K. // Hill;3/12/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p3
The article reports that Arizona Representatives Matt Salmon and David Schweikert urged their fellow Republicans to vote no on party-backed procedural measures when leadership attempts to pass bills which violate the Hastert Rule.
- Master of the Budget Numbers Rep. David Schweikert. Gizzi, John // Human Events;1/31/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p20
An interview with Republican Representative David Schweikert of Arizona is presented. He relates the first time he met his wife in Starbuck's while going through one of his books on accounting. According to Schweikert, U.S. President Barack Obama was using the class welfare issue in order to...