Network Sharing Could Hurt Small Carriers
- Western Snags Roaming Pact With AT&T. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;4/8/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p12
Reports on the decision of Western Wireless to extend its roaming agreement with AT&T Wireless, as of April 2002. Impact of the extension on Cingular Wireless-AT&T joint venture; Terms under the extended deal; Effect of the move on Western's shares.
- CINGULAR WIRELESS EXPANDS WIRELESS SERVICE. // RBOC Update;Nov2004, pN.PAG
Reports on the definitive agreement among Cingular Wireless, AT&T Wireless and Triton PCS on October 21, 2004. Terms of the agreement; Background on the telecommunications companies.
- AT&T Wireless: all over now. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;April 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p8
Reports on Vodafone's withdrawal of its bid for AT&T Wireless. Triumph of Cingular Wireless in the bidding for AT&T; Expected year of completion of Cingular's bid; Significance of the bid for Vodafone; Background on Vodafone's need for a stronger presence in the American telecommunication market.
- Dobson, Cingular ink new roaming deal. // RCR Wireless News;8/8/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p1
Reports on a roaming agreement between Dobson Communications Corp. and Cingular Wireless LLC in the U.S. in 2005. Effect of the agreement on an existing deal between Dobson, Cingular and AT&T Wireless Services Inc.; Value of roaming revenue reported by Dobson in the first quarter of the year;...
- AT&T Wireless: all over now. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;April 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p171
Focuses on the terms of the agreement signed between AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and Cingular Wireless LLC in the U.S. Expansion on the market share of the firm; Retention of loyal customers; Maximization on the revenue growth of the company.
- Cingular, CWA negotiate union contract. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;1/31/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p14
Reports on a dispute on a post-merger job cuts at Cingular Wireless L.L.C. and union-management negotiations over a new contract covering wireless workers in the U.S. in 2005. Views of Candace Johnson, a spokesperson for the Communications Workers of America (CWA), on an oral commitment...
- Cingular, AT&T Will Split Costs. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;2/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on the agreement between Cingular Wireless and AT&T Wireless to share the cost of building out global system for mobile communication/general packet radio service (GSM/GPRS) coverage along interstate highways in nine states in the U.S. Terms of the agreement; Expectations from the joint...
- One network, two GSM players. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the joint venture forged by AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and Cingular Wireless. Aims of the joint venture; Reason of the companies for forging a joint venture.
- Carriers Reassure Rural Landscape Will Experience Minimal Erosion. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;3/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the network-sharing joint venture between AT&T Wireless and Cingular Wireless. Terms of the deal; Response of rural carriers Western Wireless and Rural Cellular to the deal.