- Women In Wireless Look For Upstream Opportunities. Purcell, Judith Lockwood // Wireless Week;9/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 38, p14
Features Sue Swenson, president of Leap Wireless International Inc. and guest speaker at an event held in conjunction with CTIA Wireless I.T. & Internet 2001. Professional background; Involvement of Swenson in the standardization of CDMA technology.
- Leap cuts work force by 50 employees. // RCR Wireless News;5/6/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p8
Reports on the employee reduction made by Leap Wireless International Inc., as of May 2002. Reason behind the job cuts.
- New Execs Guide Carriers Ahead. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;08/09/99, Vol. 5 Issue 32, p18
Reports on the appointment of Sue Swenson as president of Leap Wireless International just as GTE Wireless named Ralph Martinez as area president for its California business in 1999. Appointment of Swenson as chief executive officer for Leap's United States subsidiary Cricket Communications;...
- PREDICTIONS. // U.S. News & World Report;12/30/2002, Vol. 133 Issue 25, p82
Looks at issues facing science in the year 2003. This past year is on course to be the second-warmest recorded, but the new year may top it. The Earth averaged 58.37 degrees Fahrenheit through November. An ongoing El Nino heating in the Pacific should push next year even higher, perhaps past...
- UWC. M.P.D. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jun2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p17
Highlights the fourth annual Global Summit of the Universal Wireless Communications Consortium held from April 26-28, 2000. Attendees' preoccupation with defining business strategies for third generation (3G) services; Number of time division multiple access subscribers worldwide as of the end...
- So many decisions. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;05/07/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 19, p18
Reports on the 2001 Universal Wireless Communications Consortium Global Summit. Theme of the event; Highlights of the summit; Its participants.
- WAP Forum predicts products for spring. Bruno, Antony // RCR;02/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p64
Details the Wireless Application Forum (WAP) meeting held in February 1999 in Dallas, Texas, focused on determining the vision of wireless communication systems industry in the United States for 2000 and the 21st century. Announcement of expanded membership; Introduction of formal...
- Learning Worldly Prepaid Lessons. Meyer, Thomas // Wireless Week;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p33
Discusses the status of prepaid services in the wireless communication industry of the United States (US). Primary areas that have affected the initial domestic acceptance of prepaid services; Problems that prevent the widespread domestic adoption of prepaid service; How US companies can...
- SDR Opens Up New Vistas. Blust, Stephen // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p49
Stresses the potential of software-defined radio (SDR) technology in the wireless industry. How the technology works; Benefits of SDR-based handsets; Limitations of traditional radio technology.