The Spectrum Plot Thickens
- Give Rural America Its Due. Bloomfield, Shirley // Wireless Week;2/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p4
Comments on the failure of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to disseminate wireless spectrum among a variety of licensees that would provide communications services to rural areas in the U.S. Harmful effects of combining licenses of rural and urban into a geographic service territory;...
- Industry Makes Another Plea To Lift Spectrum Cap. Glick, Eric; Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;04/23/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p]
Reports on the plea of the telecommunications industry to the United States Federal Communications Commission to lift the spectrum cap. Purpose of the cap; Views on the cap.
- FCC Initiates Proceeding to Promote Commercial Development of mm-wave Spectrum. // Microwave Journal;Sep2002, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p79
Deals with the initiation by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) of a proceeding to examine methods to promote the commercial development and growth of spectrum in several telecommunication bands. Potential uses of the spectrum; Plans of the FCC for the development of a flexible...
- Government Says 'No' To 700 MHz Intervention. Glick, Eric // Wireless Week;01/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on the ruling of the United States Federal Communications Commission on the 700MHz intervention proposed by wireless carriers in the country. Explanation on the ruling; Advantage of the ruling to broadcasters; Reason of Verizon Wireless for requesting to delay the auction for the 700MHz...
- FCC Revisits Spectrum Cap. Glick, Eric // Wireless Week;01/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p46
Reports that the United States (U.S.) Federal Communications Commission has proposed a document regarding spectrum cap. Regulation of the commission on spectrum ownership; Details on the document; Reason U.S. wireless carriers needed more spectrum.
- New Spectrum, New Ideas. Lazarus, Mitchell // Wireless Design & Development;Nov2002, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p4
Discusses the forms of regulations proposed by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for millimeter-wave spectrum that the commission will allocate. Forms of regulation which FCC used in other bands; Disadvantages of these regulations; Suggestion proposed by Doug Lockie of Endwave...
- Spectrum Cap Retention Unlocks Innovation. Swenson, Susan // Wireless Week;10/25/99, Vol. 5 Issue 43, p45
Comments on the decision of the United States Federal Communications Commission to retain the 45-megahertz spectrum cap for wireless communication companies in the country. Result of the commission's decision; How the consumers and wireless communication industry will benefit from the decision;...
- FCC to hold spectrum management hearing tomorrow. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;04/05/99, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p3
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission will hold a spectrum management hearing. Pros and cons of spectrum policies from users and policy makers; Reduction of channel bandwidths; Relocation of existing users.
- Another Auction Delay. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;7/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 29, p3
Discusses the postponement of a spectrum auction by the United States Federal Communications Commission following four earlier delays. Benefits of the postponement; Response of telecommunication companies to the postponement; Implications of the delay.