laying down the platform gauntlet
- Nokia packs 9210 handset. Uimonen, Terho // InfoWorld;12/11/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p46D
Presents information on the 9210 Communicator GSM from Finnish mobile-phone handset provider Nokia Corporation. Basis of the 9210 Communicator device; Personal computer-centric features of the handset; Nokia's rivals that are also preparing to release Java-enabled handsets.
- SINA USES NOKIA'S SNAP MOBILE FOR CHINESE USER GAMES. // Telephone IP News;Oct2007, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p6
The article reveals the announcement by Nokia that SINA Corp. launched five connected mobile games powered by Nokia's SNAP Mobile. It is noted that customers will be able to download games and play them twice offline for free. Terry Tian, Network Business Department Director for SINA, said that...
- Nokia demos Mobile IPv6. // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p15
Reports that Nokia Corp. has demonstrated a multimedia-capable Mobile Internet Protocol version 6, which the company said allows continuous and smooth connectivity while moving between wireless access points.
- Nokia package offers wireless IP for the masses. Songini, Marc // Network World;12/13/99, Vol. 16 Issue 50, p18
Reports on Nokia's introduction of products that will let users with mobile telecommunication devices easily access Internet protocol (IP) network resources. Partnership with International Business Machines (IBM) and Hewlett-Packard to bundle Nokia wireless software server on their NT boxes;...
- Nokia to sponsor Discovery's new China film series. Sudhaman, Arun // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;5/20/2005, p5
This article reports that Nokia Corp. has sealed a multi-million dollar advertising sales partnership with Discovery Networks Asia, as it attempts to promote mobile photography and filmmaking through the use of its camera-phones. Accordingly the agreement will begin with Nokia's sponsorship of...
- Nokia's New Move. SRIVASTAVA, PRASOON // India Business Journal;Jan2015, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p36
The article reports on the decision of Nokia communication company to re-enter the mobile device business in November 2013 through the launch of its N1 computer tablet. Other topics mentioned include thoughts from electronics engineer Rajeev Suri on the Nokia brand, Nokia being restricted from...
- Cablegate Analysis of Likely Espionage of Nokia by the United States. Strmecki, Daniel; Schwiedop, Wilke; Oyo-Ita, Emmanuel; Kaagman, Brigitte; Leandre, Pierre; Santos-Brihuega, Enrique; Kadiri, Lateef; Dufmats, Jessica // Proceedings of the European Conference on Information Warfare & ;2012, p258
In recent years computing has shown an increasing shift towards mobile devices. Smartphones and similar devices such as tablets are becoming more powerful and less expensive every day and as such are becoming more widespread not only in developed, but also in developing countries. Alongside the...
- Nokia offers TETRA WAP browser. // RCR Wireless News;12/4/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p30
Reports on Nokia Corp.'s unveiling of its TETRA WAP browser, which will bring Wireless Application Protocol applications to TETRA mobile radio networks.
- Untitled. Saran, Cliff // Computer Weekly;9/29/2009, p52
The article reports that Nokia Corp. is planning to bid for mobile handset manufacturer Palm Inc. that would give Nokia a PC operating system to rival Apple Inc.'s iPhone. The Palm operating system, WebOS has been well received by consumers with over 900,000 devices shipping since its release a...