serving up M-commerce
- Radio rave. Masia, Seth // Ski;Oct96, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p29
Offers information on Motorola's pocket-size Sport 7 two-way radio. Price; Resetting of frequencies; User-friendliness; Usefulness for skiers.
- Cell Division. Tegel, Simeon // Latin Trade (English);Apr2001, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p21
Reports the possibility that the plant of mobile phone manufacturer Motorola in Chihuahua, Mexico, would take the role of supplying the North American market. Reason for the production shutdown of the company's plant in Harvard, Illinois; Information on the company's plant in Mexico.
- SHOWCASE. // Wireless Week;11/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 46, p37
Presents information on the Motorola i90c and Motorola i80s mobile phones. Features of the handsets.
- Motorola Continues To Gain Steam. Lopez, Ed // Wireless Week;10/18/99, Vol. 5 Issue 42, p14
Reveals that Motorola has gain profits in terms of sales of its digital handsets. Significance of cultural changes in Motorola's management; Increase in sales and orders of wireless telephones; Orders for cellular infrastructure equipment.
- Hialeah selects Motorola trunked radio system to improve interagency communication. // Mobile Radio Technology;Feb98, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p60
Reports the city government of Hialeah, Florida has acquired a trunked, public safety two-way radio system from Motorola's Land Mobile Products Sector. System features; Capabilities; Cost of the system.
- Motorola to deploy GPRS in Czech republic. // RCR;07/19/99, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p33
Announces the agreement between Motorola Inc.'s Network Solutions Sector and RadioMobil of the Czech Republic to deploy a General Packet Radio Service system (GPRS) on RadioMobil's Paegas Global System for Mobile communications network. Initial deployment of GPRS network in Prague and Brno.
- Motorola develops mobile Internet platform. Bruno, Antony // RCR;10/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p41
Reports on Motorola Inc.'s release of a communications platform called Mobile Internet Exchange (MIX). Provision of users the ability to access Internet information by either voice or data on a mobile basis; Possibility of integrating the MIX communications platform into any existing...
- Motorola Bets on 2.5G To Regain Share. Careless, James // Wireless Week;2/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p4
Focuses on the mobile phones unveiled by Motorola in February 2002. Technologies applied on the phones; Features of the phones; Significance of the mobile phones to the company.
- Motorola certifies CES Wireless products. // Refrigerated Transporter;Jan2002, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p13
Reports on the certification of the CES Wireless mobile and base station equipment and software by Motorola Inc. Wireless products available for fleet management; Features of the CES Wireless.