satellite Survivors spreading broadband's Benefits
- Broadband From Above: Satellite Services Beam High-Speed Access Anywhere. Spring, Tom // PC World;Feb2001, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p64
Discusses satellite-based access to the Internet and tests two preproduction services. Details of the DirecPC 4.0 product from Hughes Network Systems, which partners with Pegasus Communications; Product of StarBand, which partners with EchoStar; Features; Pros and cons; Cost of installation and...
- VSAT technology siphoning data from public network. Vittore, Vince // America's Network;4/1/95, Vol. 99 Issue 7, p26
Focuses on data communications users' growing interest in very small aperture terminal (VSAT) satellite systems. VSAT products from Hughes Network Systems.
- DownLink. // Satellite Communications;May99, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p18
Presents update on satellite communications around the world as of May 1999. Information on Hughes Network Systems' TES QuantumDirect; Satellites that will be build and launch by Orbital Sciences Corp.; Significance of Eutelsat's approval of Harmonic Data Systems' CyberStream satellite-based...
- Gateways, new technology and the Internet. // Broadcast Engineering;Aug2000, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p14
Reports on satellite television broadcasting (STB). Details on the integrated receiver-decoder; Partnership among STB manufacturers; What STB can offer; Information on the Hughes Network Systems' satellite Internet service DirecPC.
- Hughes prepares GEO interface standard. // RCR;05/03/99, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p31
Reports on Hughes Network Systems Co.'s preparation of a mobile satellite radio interface standard for mobile satellite services using geosynchronous-earth-orbit satellites.
- Hughes' DirecWay Service To Hit In Fall. Olenick, Doug // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;6/25/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p4
Reports the introduction of DirecWay satellite product for broadband television from Hughes Network System in New York. Feasibility of the services; Service charge pricing; Comments of Pradman Kaul, chief executive officer on market performance of the broadband service.
- NRTC Names Data Partners. // Multichannel News;03/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p42
Reports the partnership between the National Rural Telecommunications Cooperative, Hughes Network Systems' DirectPC division and StarBand Communications Inc.
- hot spots. // Satellite Broadband;Jun2002, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p8
Presents an update on the satellite broadband industry as of June 2002 in the U.S. Loss incurred by Vivendi Universal in 2001; Reason for the Chapter 11 filing by StarBand Communications; Launch of the Intelsat 905 satellite from Intelsat; Increase in the pre-tax profit announced by Hispasat.
- Consumer two-way satellite Internet service unveiled. Johnston, Margret // InfoWorld;11/27/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p46F
Reports that Starband Communications launched a two-way satellite Internet service in the United States in 2000. Quality and price of Internet services offered by the company; Target customers of the company; Advantages to accessing the Internet over satellite.