- The Sensible Road To 3G. Clift, W. E. // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p4
Reports that the time division multiple access network operators Cingular Wireless Inc. and AT&T Wireless Inc. are both evolving their systems toward UMTS through a strategy based on global satellite for mobile communication. First step in the strategy; View of Cingular on the technology...
- High-Speed Networks Cruise Into Enterprises. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;12/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 25, p20
Focuses on the high-speed data transmission systems introduced by wireless carriers in the United States. EDGE technology released by AT&T Wireless and Cingular Wireless; Business potential of the wireless data rate in the enterprise market; Compatibility of the Nokia 6200 with the EDGE network.
- CINGULAR AND AT&T MERGER WILL COST CONSUMER
$5BILLIION/YR. // RBOC Update;Jul2004, pN.PAG
Suggests that the proposed merger of Cingular and AT&T Wireless will raise wireless prices in 2004, according to a study by the Phoenix Center. Enhancement of the market dominance of the Regional Bell Operating Cos.; Other study findings; Background on Phoenix Center.
- Now what? Meyer, Dan; Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p6
Deals with the reaction of wireless communication operators in the United States to the disappearance of NextWave Telecom Inc. licenses. Decision of Verizon Wireless not to participate in any specrum auctions; Value of the spectrum won by AT&T Wireless during an auction; Impact of the absence...
- Cingular & AT&T: Bigger, Better & the Right Size. Barthold, Jim // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Feb2007, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p22
The article reports on the integration between the Cingular Wireless LLC and AT&T Wireless Services Inc. regarding its mobile operation in the U.S. Ed Reynolds, president of network services for Cingular, had integrated the newly acquired AT&T Wireless network into Cingular's existing...
- Carrier Capex: Hey Small Spender. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;2/10/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 3, p29
Focuses on the moves of wireless carriers to keep a flat spending in the U.S. Completion of the General Packet Radio Service network (GPRS) of AT&T Wireless Inc.; Decision of Verizon Wireless Inc. to take a breather after upgrading to next-generation code division multiple access 1XRTT...
- Play That Funky Ring Tone. // Wireless Review;9/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p40
Features several wireless communication systems providers and their customer services with regard to cellular telephone ring tones. Cingular; VoiceStream; AT&T Wireless. INSET: Ring Tone Risks.
- Disaster State of Mind. // Wireless Review;10/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p48
Focuses on how three wireless communications carriers in New York City managed their operations following the terrorist attack on September 11, 2001. Sample of customer service conversations from the carriers; Cingular Wireless; Verizon Wireless; AT&T Wireless.
- Getting to GSM. Junowicz, Gaby // Wireless Review;Jan2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p28
Presents information on the processes that telecommunication carriers adopt to provide Global System for Mobile (GSM) infrastructure. Reasons for adopting the GSM standard; Factors considered before implementing GSM; Information on Cingular Wireless' partnership with AT&T Wireless and Voice...