- Defining the future of wireless video distribution. Hayes, Duffy // CED;Dec2002, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p42
Assesses the development of wireless video distribution services by Magis Networks Inc. Creation of HyperLAN2 transmission protocols; Deal between Magis and Digeo; Financial supports acquired by Magis from Motorola.
- Motorola waxes wireless with Magis. // CED;Mar2002, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p20
Focuses on the partnership between Motorola Broadband and Magis Networks on developing wireless devices. Agreement between the companies; Design of the Air5-based products of Magis; Development of the 802.11x wireless platform.
- Access Spectrum acquires Aerwav's 220 MHz band licenses. // RCR Wireless News;4/15/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p13
Reports on the acquisition of the 220 megahertz band licenses of Aerwav Inc. by Access Spectrum LLC in April 2002. Remarks from Mark Crosby, president and founder of Access Spectrum LLC; Significance of the band license acquisition; Participation of Motorola Inc. and Microwave Data Systems in...
- Sanyo, Magis Team For Wireless TV. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/9/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p48
Reports on the plans of Sanyo and Magis Networks Inc. to announce the demonstration of a prototype Sanyo wireless television system at the Consumer Electronics Show, 2003. Supply of Air5 chipsets for the system by Magis; Benefits of quality and mobility of television for the consumers.
- The Value of Spectrum: How High is High? Braunschweig, Carolina // High Yield Report;04/17/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the bidding for third-generation wireless communication licenses in Great Britain.
- Best laid plans. Brodsky, Ira // America's Network;11/15/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 17, p10
Comments on the government distribution of wireless licenses through spectrum auction. Distortion of rules prohibiting resale; Delay of granting the license; Increase of the pricing policy.
- FCC opens re-auction to big firms. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the United States Federal Communications Commission to delay the re-auction of C- and F-block licenses to give the wireless industry time to digest rules that allow large carriers to bid.
- Europe Laden With 3G Fruit. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;03/27/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p25
Focuses on European Union's timetables and awards rolled out for third-generation wireless licenses. Operator licenses awarded by Spain to mobile operators; Battlezone for third-generation's (3G) broadband access capabilities in Germany; Issue of 3G licenses in Russia.
- 3G tenders and licenses. // Global Wireless;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p5
Presents news briefs on tenders and licenses for third-generation (3G) wireless technology as of March 2001. Number of Universal mobile telecommunications system (UMTS) licenses awarded by the government of Belgium to incumbent operators; Companies that submitted applications for UMTS licenses...