TIA Backs U.S. Broadband Policy
- PCS auctions: Ready or not, here they come. DeMaeyer, Bruce // America's Network;11/01/94, Vol. 98 Issue 21, p34
Reviews the bidding procedure for the auction of broadband licenses for personal communication systems in the United States. Three separate auctions; Remote electronic bid submission; Payment rules.
- We support FCC's PCS decision on small-company blocks. Zecola, Steven // Communications News;Sep94, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p6
Agrees with the FCC decision to allocate two `entrepreneurial blocks' of broadband PCS spectrum for companies with less than $100 million in annual revenue to bid upon at auction.
- Vice president asks for fair and open access to networks on data superhighway. Mace, Scott; Orrange, Kate // InfoWorld;1/17/94, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p5
Reports on the reaction of the corporate community on the proposal of Vice President Al Gore for a deregulated environment for broadband networks. Criticism against its application; Federal Communications Commission to provide details on deregulation of telephone, cable and communications...
- United Kingdom : More people set to benefit from broadband scheme. // TendersInfo News;8/1/2014, p1
The article offers information on changes made to the Welsh Government Access Broadband Cymru scheme that will come into effect on August 4, 2014 to help ensure that customers receive a fast broadband connection.
- TIA president Matthew Flanigan to retire; Grant Seiffert appointed as successor. // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Oct2006, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p49
Career developments involving executives in telecommunications industry in the U.S. are discussed. Matthew Flanigan, president of Telecommunications Industry Association has announced his retirement on December 31, 2006 during the board of directors meeting of the organization. In the same board...
- TIA taps Seiffert to succeed Flanigan. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/11/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p19
The article reports that the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) chose Grant Seiffert to succeed Matthew Flanigan as president beginning Jan. 1, 2007. Seiffert has worked his way up the TIA organization ladder after leaving Capitol Hill in 1996. Flanigan announced his retirement after...
- FCC's spectrum search. Hart, Kim // Hill;10/22/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 123, p16
The article reports that U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) broadband adviser Blair Levin is consumed on the need of high wireless broadband spectrum for the proposed net neutrality rulemaking notice.
- Broadband Gets Push From Bush. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;3/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p16
Reports on the endorsement of the Bush administration on the importance of broadband services. Government agencies that hosted trade shows on broadband applications; Issues in developing broadband applications.
- STANDOFF ON THE HILL. Weber, Toby // Telephony;5/13/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 19, p26
Presents an update on the U.S. broadband policy as of May 13, 2002. Senators who proposed broadband bills; Speculation on the interest of legislators in the national broadband policy.