Qwest Considers Sale Of Wireless Operation
- Qwest Still Selling Wireless. // Wireless Week;6/24/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 25, p14
Focuses on the plan of Qwest Communications International Inc. to sell its wireless and directory businesses as of June 2002. Customer base of the wireless unit.
- QWEST DIRECTORY SPINOFF COULD ALTER LINE SALE PLAN. Weber, Toby // Telephony;5/13/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 19, p16
Discusses the impact of Qwest Communications Inc.'s sale of its directory business on the divestiture of its rural access lines in 2002. Access line valuations; Amount of debt incurred by Qwest; Value of the publishing arm of Qwest; Potential acquirers of Qwest's access lines.
- Verizon picks up Qwest assets. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;7/5/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the agreement entered by Verizon Wireless to acquire the wireless assets of Qwest Communications International Inc. Value of the acquisition; Assets included in the deal; Significance of the acquisition.
- Qwest shops its LD network again. GUBBINS, ED // Connected Planet;Feb2010, p9
The article reports on the sale of the long-distance (LD) network of service provider Qwest Communications.
- Qwest Wireless Still For Sale. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;9/23/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 34, p15
Reports on the plan of Qwest Communications International to sell its U.S. West Wireless unit. Reasons for selling the unit; Business focus of Qwest; Evaluation conducted on other units.
- Trujillo says Qwest deal is airtight. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;03/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p44
Reports on Qwest Communications International Inc.'s sale of some of its properties to Montana Power Co. Approval of the Qwest-US West Inc. merger; Sale of the long-distance and related wholesale and privateline businesses.
- DDB Forms Unit to Handle Qwest. Panczyk, Tania D.; Sampey, Kathleen // Adweek New England Edition;4/15/2002, Vol. 39 Issue 16, p9
Reveals that DDB Chicago sold itself to Qwest Communications to save the company. Implication of being under one company; Headquarters of DDBQ.
- READER POLL. // Telephony;5/9/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 9, p21
Surveys readers on their opinions as to which offer would best serve as substitute to the MCI assets Qwest failed to acquire in competitive bidding. Consolidated competitive local exchange carriers (CLECs) Broadwing or XO Communications; Divested assets from the major carrier mergers; Time...
- OC-192 barrels down the track. Snyder, Beth // Telephony;05/19/97, Vol. 232 Issue 20, p57
Presents developments concerning Qwest Communications as of May 19, 1997. Agreement to install Northern Telecom OC-192 Sonet systems on its coast-to-coast fiber network expansion along its railroad rights-of-way; Announcement of its intention to sell GTE the rights to use a number of the fibers...