- Wireless Average Profit Margins Decline. // Electronic News;4/25/2005, Vol. 51 Issue 17, pN.PAG
Reports on the decline in global profit margins for wireless operators in the fourth quarter of 2004, according to a benchmarking study by Strategy Analytics. Rise in subscriber volumes; Decline in average margins per user; Regions that recorded the heaviest declines.
- Music, media to lead data use, volumes to balloon. // RCR Wireless News;5/26/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p7
Presents forecasts on the global wireless data industry for 2008, by research firm Strategy Analytics. Potential growth of the industry; Information on certain applications that will have a major impact on the industry; Importance of wireless messaging applications in the overall data revenues...
- Wireless Handset Glut Bodes Ill. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;3/19/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p24
Reports on the status of the wireless communications industry in the United States as of March 2001. Details on the plan of Motorola to layoff employees; Decline in the first quarter handset sales in 2001; Number of leftover handsets at the end of 2000.
- Motorola introduces phone for physically demanding user. // RCR Wireless News;9/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p25
Introduces the r750plus multiple communications handset developed by Motorola Inc. in Schaumburg, Illinois. Features of the handset; Product specifications; Available accessories for the phone.
- WIRELESS EMPLOYEES CHART. // RCR Wireless News;6/21/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p20
Presents data on wireless companies with the largest number of employees such as Verizon Wireless and Motorola Inc.
- COMMUNICATIONS BRIEFS. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/17/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p33
Reports developments related to telecommunications industry in the United States as of September 2001. Demand for wireless services; Availability of Java-equipped iDEN phone from Motorola; Success for wireless music unloading.
- short takes. // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p32
Presents news in wireless communication business as of January 21, 2002. Deal between Handspring Inc. and mm02; Hardware manufacturers that is working with Palm to provide compatible Bluetooth hardware development kits; Enhancements to Neomar Inc.'s server and handheld software development program.
- Handspring VisorPhone. Carnoy, David // Fortune;Summer2001 Special Issue, Vol. 143 Issue 13, p169
Evaluates the Handspring VisorPhone wireless telephone. Design; Key features; Service and support.
- Handspring, Palm elevate competition with price cuts. // RCR Wireless News;5/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p27
Reports on the competition between Handspring Inc. and Palm Inc. over the marketing of their wireless telecommunication products in 2001. Announcement of services and software applications for personal digital assistants by Handspring; Stock price of both companies as of May 15, 2001.