Powell Expected To Appoint Spectrum 'Referee'
- The Spectrum Plot Thickens. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;2/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p41
Focuses on the controversies surrounding the frequency spectrum sector in the U.S. Decision of Federal Communications Commission Chairman Michael Powell to hold its anticipated plan to return a portion of the deposits; Plans of the commission for a task force to come up with a spectrum...
- Kolodzy To Head Task Force. // Wireless Week;2/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the appointment of Paul Kolodzy as senior spectrum policy adviser in the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's Officer of Engineering and Technology.
- FCC proposes allocation for intelligent transportation service. Barritt, Keith A. // RCR;09/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p50
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has proposed rules to allocate 75 megahertz of spectrum, to help develop the US intelligent transportation systems industry. Date in which comments in the proceeding and reply comments are due; What DSRC systems will...
- Spectrum Cap Removal Gains Momentum. Glick, Eric // Wireless Week;04/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p12
States that officials of the United States Federal Communications Commission are discussing the possibility of removing the spectrum cap through a legislation. Purpose of the spectrum cap; Introduction of the Third Generation Wireless Internet Act by Senator Sam Brownback (R-Kan.); Why some...
- New York, D.C., San Fran first to be retuned in rebanding plan. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;2/7/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the plan of New York, Washington, D.C. and San Francisco, California to begin the 800 megahertz (MHz) reconfiguration process, according to the 800 MHz Transition Administrator. Information on the rebanding process established by the Transition Administrator; Companies selected as...
- FCC Releases New Rules Prior to Incentive Auction. WELCH, KELLEIGH // Systems Contractor News;Sep2015, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on the rules released by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission related to the use of new spectrum bands in wireless microphones and unlicensed services within the 600 MegaHertz (MHz) band, and states that the Commission's 600 MHz band will be auctioned in 2016.
- Powell up for FCC post. // Telephony;02/03/97, Vol. 232 Issue 5, p88
Reports on Senator John McCain's endorsement of Michael Powell for the Republican vacancy position at the US Federal Communications Commission.
- Changing of the guard. Hirschman, Carolyn // Telephony;02/12/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 7, p40
Cites the plan of United States Federal Communications Commission Chairman Michael K. Powell to revamp the agency. Structure of the agency; Indications of the need for restructuring; His views of open access communication.
- Michael Powell: A general impression. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;03/03/97, Vol. 127 Issue 9, p12
Features on the impressions on Michael Powell, a contender for US Federal Communications Commissioner Rachelle Chong's seat. Remarks from Senate Majority Trent Lott; Speculations and concerns on Powell's political philosophies; Education background.