Samsung's Baxter Unveils 3D VOD Plans
- Providers Say They're Ready for 3D. Are Viewers? TANKLEFSK, DAVID // Multichannel News;5/31/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p7
No abstract available.
- Comcast Tees Up Switched Video. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/21/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p42
The article reports on the plans of cable operator Comcast Corp. to deploy switched digital video (SDV) later in 2011 in several cable systems, as well as expand into other markets in 2011 and 2012 by offering over 150 high definition (HD) channels and launching new services such as 3-D...
- 3DTV on Life Support. BUTTS, TOM // TV Technology;4/8/2013, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p4
The article discusses the three-dimensional television (3DTV), which is the new edge in the television technology.
- Digital Three-Card Trick. Papandrea, Franco // Institute of Public Affairs Review;Mar2000, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p12
Criticizes the Australian government's policy toward digital television. Cost of a high-definition television and a stereoscopic television; Censorship of commercial television services in the country.
- Tech fight: 3D vs 4K TV. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals;Mar/Apr2013, p10
The article discusses the advantages and disadvantages of 3D compared to 4K television and 4K ultra high definition television.
- Study: 3DTV Owners Ecstatic About Home Entertainment Experience. Baysinger, Tim // Broadcasting & Cable;5/30/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 22, p14
The article offers information on the study "Three Dimensional Television (3DTV) Owners: A Closer Look at the World of Immersive Home Entertainment" which was commissioned by the Digital Entertainment Group (DEG), released on May 24, 2011 during a media summit in New York which reveals that...
- Trying to See in 3-D. A. S. // Forbes Asia;Apr2011, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p31
The article focuses on the efforts being made by Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. towards the success of its 3-D television which include launch of a 3-D cable channel in the U.S. and offering special eyeglasses for 3-D viewing.
- 3D TV Is Here�Ready or Not. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;3/8/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p3
The author comments on the increasing popularity of three-dimensional (3D) television (TV) in the consumer electronics market in the U.S. in 2010, including the plan of Samsung to display and discuss its 3D TV lineup for the assembled media.
- 3D-Compatible TVs, Players Hitting Retail. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;3/15/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p8
The article offers information on three-dimensional (3D)-compatible televisions unveiled by Samsung Electronics, Sony and Samsung in early 2010.