stirring up developer opportunities
- QUALCOMM's iMSM solutions boost wireless data transmission speeds. // Wireless Design & Development;Jan2000, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the introduction of the iMSM wireless data communication systems by QUALCOMM Inc. Product line supporting the firm's High Data Rate (HDR) technology; Compliant of the products with dual-mode cellular and PCS band IS-95B specifications.
- QUALCOMM INTRODUCES BREW 3.0 FOR MULTIMEDIA MOBILE HANDSETS. // Multimedia Publisher;Jan2004, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
States that Qualcomm Inc., a provider of code division multiple access digital wireless technology, has introduced the third major release of its Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless (BREW) client software and BREW software development kit.
- BREW conference brings contracts, third-party alliances. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;6/10/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the BREW developers conference of Qualcomm Inc. Conjunction of several wireless carriers with the conference; BREW trials conducted by Verizon Wireless Inc.; Plans of Alltel Corp. for BREW services.
- Unnatural selection. Laughlin, Kirk // Wireless Asia;Jun2002, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p26
Reports the development plan for GSM-1x networking solution from Qualcomm. Enhancement of spectral efficiencies for operators; Modification of the mobile switching nodes; Maximization of voice transmission.
- Qualcomm high-speed service coming to Japan, Korea. // RCR;05/24/99, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p36
Reports that Qualcomm Inc. has shipped its high-speed packet data software solution to Japanese and Korean wireless operators.
- Qualcomm unveils Wireless Internet Launchpad suite. // RCR;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p46
Reports the launching of the Wireless Internet Launchpad suite by Qualcomm Inc. in San Diego, California.
- BREW Brewing Growing Support. // San Diego Business Journal;6/10/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p9
Reports the plan of launching the Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless technology of Qualcomm Inc. by Verizon Wireless in the U.S. Advantages of the technology; Assistance in downloading games and ringtones; Negotiation between Qualcomm and Verizon.
- Qualcomm, Russians agree on phone deal. // San Diego Business Journal;4/3/95, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p6
Reports that Qualcomm Inc. signed a memorandum of understanding with the Russian government to supply Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) wireless communication technology. Installation of CDMA wireless loop system in Moscow by the end of 1995.
- Qualcomm's IS-634 to be ready in 2Q. // RCR;03/30/98, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p4
Reports that the cdmaOne Interim Standard-634 wireless network solution belonging to Qualcomm Incorporated is scheduled to be available in the second quarter of 1998. Features of the system; Design purpose of the architecture; Speculation that wireless operators in China are likely candidates...