piecing together Global Harmonization
- Harmonization effort take-or-leave package. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;05/10/99, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p1
Reports that mobile telephone operators belonging to the Operators Harmonization Group gave agreed to a baseline proposal to harmonize International Telecommunication Union's code division multiple access (CDMA)-based third generation technology proposals. Need for members to agree on all the...
- Carriers send harmonization proposal to ITU. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;06/07/99, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p5
Reports that the Operators Harmonization Group, an ad hoc assembly of mobile phone operators from around the world, sent its third-generation technology harmonization proposal to the International Telecommunication Union. Definition of a harmonized code division multiple access standard with...
- charting the 'More G' course. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;2/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p32
Deals with the efforts of the International Telecommunication Union to conceptualize the 4th-generation (4G) technologies and wireless services. Outlook on 4G technologies; Significance of 4G technologies to the wireless industry.
- The cautious road beyond 3G. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;8/19/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 31, p32
Reports that members of the International Telecommunication Union formulate the characteristics they believe will best serve customers when the global industry moves beyond the emerging third-generation technology, officially called IMT-2000. Issue raised about the move of International...
- Meeting 3G halfway. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;Jul99, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p10
Focuses on the 2.5G wireless technology as an alternative to 3G whose applications standards is yet to be ratified by the International Telecommunications Union. Pressure from customers for telecommunications operator to adopt 3G technology; Capability of the 2.5.
- Powder Keg. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;10/05/98, Vol. 235 Issue 14, p5
Opinion. Focuses on the debate over the International Telecommunications Union's effort to standardize the third generation of wireless systems. Political and economic motivations behind the proposal; Pressure on the United States government to endorse a multiple standards approach.
- 3G Technologies merge. // Telephony;09/28/98, Vol. 235 Issue 13, p34
Focuses on industry groups' merging of their third generation wireless standard proposals to the International Telecommunication Union.
- News briefs. // RCR;12/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p6
Presents news briefs pertaining to the telecommunications industry as of December 20, 1999. Includes Omnipoint Communications' trial of high-speed wireless data technology using L.M. Ericsson's General Packet Radio Services solution; International Telecommunication Union's signing of an...
- Family ties. Wickham, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;06/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p5
Focuses on the different approaches used by companies in providing wireless standards. Wireless standards that has agreed to work for a global framework of International Telecommunication Union (ITU) standards; Purpose of developing the IMT-2000 initiative; How subscribers, vendors and industry...