- Emblaze to license Windows Media Audio and Video Format. // RCR Wireless News;3/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p46
Reports on the agreement between Emblaze Systems and Microsoft Corp. to license the Windows Media Audio and Video Format using the Emblaze-based solution for video over wireless networks.
- Sendo shows off identity rebrand. // Marketing (00253650);2/16/2005, p4
This article reports that Sendo Holdings PLC, Great Britain's only mobile phone handset manufacturer, has kicked off a global rebrand to compete with industry heavyweights such as Nokia and Motorola. The multimillion-pound rebrand, unveiled at the annual mobile conference in Cannes this week,...
- SMS to Gates: See u in court. Halper, Mark // Fortune International (Europe);3/3/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 4, p17
Discusses a lawsuit filed by Sendo, a British mobile phone handset maker, against Microsoft Crop. for allegedly stealing technology. Partnership between Sendo and Microsoft in 2001 to produce a phone using Microsoft's Stinger software; Attempts by Microsoft to have the case dismissed;...
- With some help, Sirius radio catches on. Bowens, Greg // Automotive News;12/20/2004, Vol. 79 Issue 6126, p1
This article reports that after introducing a discount on hardware and service, the Chrysler Corp. group has reported a significant number of customers are signing up for Sirius programming. In October Ford Motor Co. said it will offer Sirius as a factory option, and this month Toyota Motor...
- Detroit 3 tackle wireless-plant interference. Kisiel, Ralph // Automotive News Europe;9/29/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 20, p0020
The article reports that the Detroit 3, which includes General Motors, Ford Motor and Chrysler, have been working with a unit of the U.S. Department of Commerce to prevent interference of wireless signals in their factories. The goal is to replace cables with wireless systems wherever they can...
- IN BRIEF. // Asia Weekly;8/18/2008, Vol. 2 Issue 32, p24
The article offers business-related news briefs in Asia. HSBC Holdings PLC presented a revised application to buy a 51% stake in Korea Exchange Bank in South Korea. Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. and Chrysler Corp. are joining to supply small cars to the North and South American markets. China Unicom...
- rolling out a Revolution. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;10/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p26
Reports on video-capable wireless phones. Features of the Nokia 3650 videophone; Target market of ViXS Systems; Brands of wireless devices used by Emblaze Systems in the launch of the Wind GPRS network.
- EMBLAZE LICENSES WINDOWS MEDIA AUDIO AND VIDEO FORMAT. // GUI Program News;May2001, Vol. 12 Issue 5, pN.PAG
This article reports on the agreement signed by Emblaze Systems with Microsoft Corp. to license the Windows Media Audio and Video Format using their Emblaze-based solution for video over wireless 2.5G and 3G networks, mobile phones and other low-resource handheld devices. According to the...
- Chrysler banned. McHugh, Cathleen // Consumers' Research Magazine;Dec96, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p38
Reports on the ban on Chrysler Corp. from supplying automobiles to California dealers for 45 days. Cause of the ban.