Fueling A Surge In Directory Assistance
- China Hits No. 1. // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p24
Reveals that China has taken the position of the United States as the world's largest wireless phone market. Increase in the number of wireless phone users in China as of the end of July 2001; Estimated ratio of Americans that use mobile phones.
- Cutting the Cord. Donohue, Jenny; Baldridge, John // Montana Business Quarterly;Summer2008, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p2
The article reports on the decrease in the use of landline as compared to the increasing number of cell phone users in the U.S. According to Geoffrey Feiss, general manager of the Montana Telecommunications Association, there has been a 2% to 7% decrease annually in its active lines. On the...
- We Need the Athletic Client. Gillot, Iain // Software Magazine;Summer2002, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p68
Comments on the need for an athletic client, a client environment on the mobile device that can use the power, bandwidth and memory available. Emergence of wireless local area network hotspots; Views on the wireless device client; Information on the thin mobile client.
- A marriage of convenience: Where Wi-Fi & mobile merge. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;3/17/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on the global efforts to merge mobile and Wi-Fi services. Benefits to customers; Elements of the convergence; Details of roaming between mobile and Wi-Fi networks.
- EAST MEETS WEST. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;11/17/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 23, p25
Forecasts the growth of the mobile-phone market in China in 2007. Deployment of telecommunication networks in the country by Verizon Wireless; Preparation of carriers to roll out third-generation networks; Prospects for building a China Unicom in the U.S.
- Nation briefs. // RCR;11/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p14
Presents a compendium of news items concerning the United States wireless communications industry. Includes Telstreet.com's online offering of wireless phones, service and accessories; Winstar Communications Inc.'s offering of data and Internet services; Strategy.com's launched of a beta...
- Business briefs. // RCR;11/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p18
Presents a compendium of news items concerning the wireless communications industry. Includes the start of Authentix Inc.'s test on SimplySay 1.0, its voice-activated e-mail and wireless portal system; Telecommunications Industry Association's adoption of a wireless location standard, IS-801...
- Digest briefs. // RCR;11/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p24
Presents a compendium of news items concerning the wireless communications industry. Includes the financial performance of LHS Group Inc. for the third quarter of 1999; Glenayre Technologies Inc.'s third-quarter net loss; Paging carrier Teletouch Communications Inc.'s net loss for the first...
- World briefs. // RCR;11/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p26
Presents a compendium of news items concerning the wireless communications industry. Includes Motorola Inc.'s contract to provide Mobile Internet Exchange communications platform to Hungarian mobile operator Westel 900; Cable and Wireless PLC's sale of its shares in Israeli telecommunication...