Use Cable to Open A Window on America
- Top of the morning. Clark, Tim // Daily Variety;1/14/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 31, pB1
Focuses on the factors making the NBC morning news program 'Today' dominant in the ratings race in the United States. Ability to morph from one thing to another; Resurrection of the street-level studio; Connection of show hosts with the audience.
- Super Sub. Helligar, Jeremy; Wang, Cynthia; Wulff, Jennifer // People;10/12/98, Vol. 50 Issue 13, p109
Profiles Ann Curry, news anchor for the `Today' show. Curry's career with the show; Biographical background; How being a mother has helped her job; Curry's career in journalism.
- Third hour adds more news power. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;1/14/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 31, pB1
Reports on the addition of a third hour to the NBC morning news program 'Today' in the United States. Success of the third hour among young adults; Impact of the third hour; Average million viewers.
- YESTERDAY AND 'TODAY.' Sheinkopf, Evelyn // Daily Variety;1/14/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 31, pB4
Presents the many of the firsts made by the American morning news program 'Today' for the past 50 years. First two-hour news program on television to debut in 31 cities; First presidential interview courtesy of President John F. Kennedy; First regularly schedule program to originate live from...
- THE 'GET' OF THE SEASON: OCTOMOM. Atkin, Hillary // Television Week;4/13/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p27
The article reports that the story of Nadya Suleman, dubbed as Octomom, has become one of the biggest news in the U.S. in 2009. Suleman first appeared in an exclusive interview with Ann Curry for "Dateline NBC" and "Today." It is noted that the interview raised issues concerning the mental...
- Nets' a.m. viewership on rise. Grossman, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/30/2003, Vol. 381 Issue 46, p3
Morning show viewership continues to grow from a year ago among the entire audience and the core adult group the networks crave. For the week ending December 19, the networks averaged 15.26 million viewers in the morning compared with 13.78 million a year ago, a gain of 10%. NBC's "Today" won as...
- Objectivity and the Morning TV News. Graham, Tim // World & I;Jun99, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p94
Analyzes the morning television news programs in the United States. Controversy surrounding the recruitment of Representative Susan Molinari at CBS News; Complaints against NBC network's `Today'; Examples supporting the liberal bias of the three network morning shows.
- Fourth hour dawns at NBC. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;1/15/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 12, p1
The article reports that the NBC Universal Inc. has given a go signal to a fourth hour of "Today" television program in a bid to extend one of its most profitable franchises into a time period which had been dominated by syndicated cooking and talkshows in the U.S. According to the report, the...
- Sunshine for Today. // Travel Daily;10/1/2015, p8
The article focuses on live broadcast of television program "Today Show" by Sunshine Coast Destination in partnership with Tourism & Events Queensland & Sunshine Coast Council featuring teams including Lisa Wilkinson, Karl Stefanovic & Richard Wilkins, on Sunshine Coast, Queensland in 2015.