Motorola Develops Slingbox-Like Device With Comcast
- DTV-only station wants cable slot. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;07/10/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 29, p15
Reports that the WHDT television station in Florida wants the local Comcast franchise to carry the station's signal in its basic tier. Refusal of Comcast to carry the station's signal; Station's request for the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to issue a declaratory ruling...
- Testing CCIR-601 serial digital distribution. Robin, Michael // Broadcast Engineering;Feb98, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p50
Analyzes the CCIR-601 serial digital distribution in teleproduction centers. Models of the bit-serial digital video signal distribution; Classification of bit-serial signal performance indicative parameters; Characteristics of bit-serial interfaces.
- Mississippi ETV Goes DTV with Acrodyne. Anderson, Karen // Broadcasting & Cable;10/05/98, Vol. 128 Issue 41, p61
Focuses on the Mississippi Authority for ETV station's acquisition of an Acrodyne AuD-2S solid-state 2000W DTV transmitter. Other equipment acquired by the station; Statement from Martin Mangold, Mississippi ETV director of telecommunications.
- Routing switchers: The mezzanine approach. Robin, Michael // Broadcast Engineering;Dec98, Vol. 40 Issue 14, p36
Details an approach in distributing digital television (DTV) signals using the bit-serial distribution concept. Data rates; Routing switcher types; DTV scenarios; High-definition signal distribution choices inside the studio; Formatting of digital signals.
- Making do. // Broadcasting & Cable;08/09/99, Vol. 129 Issue 33, p50
Editorial. Focuses on issues related to the use of 8-VSB digital transmission reception with an indoor television antenna in the United States. Proposed alternative to the 8-VSB transmission scheme; Obstacles in the development of digital television.
- Testing DTV, 1, 2, 3. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;02/21/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 8, p81
Reports the plans of digital television (DTV) makers to test receivers of DTV transmissions in the United States. Aim to determine improvements in receivers of DTV signals; Conduction of tests in Baltimore and Washington; Examination of the effectiveness of both indoor and outdoor antennas.
- Tech woes trouble private start-ups. Hodgson, Martin // Variety;08/03/98, Vol. 371 Issue 12, p33
Deals with the technical problems in Colombia's private television (TV) channels. Afternoon and evening rating of start-up nets Caracol and RCN; Weak signals of private channels; Criticism on Colombian TV legislation.
- TELEVISION TRANSLATION. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;04/04/2000, Vol. 326 Issue 24, pS-26
Presents a country-by-country look at television markets around the world. Inclusion of Australian networks' triplecasting in analog, standard definition television and high-definition television; High cable television penetration in Belgium; Emergence of technological convergence in the...
- Digital television test and measurement. Reed-Nickerson // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Nov99, Issue 302, p28
Focuses on digital television test and measurement. Changes in the tools used in diagnosing transmitter performance; Maintenance procedures; Use of modulation error ratio as key parameter to monitor on a continual basis.