Comcast to Stage Network DVR Trial
- Comcast Joins DVR House Party. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;7/12/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 27, p19
The article evaluates the AnyRoom DVR service from Comcast Corp.
- COMCAST TO LIGHT UP CLOUD DVR, IN-HOME TV STREAMING. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;6/17/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p15
The article reports that Comcast Corp. has recommended to unify the multi-system operator's (MSO)'s Cloud digital video recorder (DVR) and an in-home television (TV) streaming service using its multi-screen X2 interface.
- 10 STORIES THAT MATTER. // Multichannel News;9/1/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 32, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented which discusses topics within the issue including merger between mass media firms Comcast and Time Warner Cable, resignation of Michael Wright, president at Turner Broadcasting and expansion of products line by digital video recorder makers.
- Comcast X1 Gears Up for Multiroom DVR. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;6/10/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p4
The article evaluates the Pace XG1, a high definition (HD) digital video recorder (DVR) by Comcast Corp.
- TiVo a problem? No, ad solution. Whitney, Daisy // Advertising Age;6/6/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 23, pS-4
Reports on the partnership between TiVo and Comcast to develop a system to insert relevant and targeted advertisements into programming that is being played back at another time. Goal of the initiative; Benefit of the partnership to Comcast; Way in which digital video recorders can make...
- Comcast to Launch TiVo in New England. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/4/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p26
The article reports that Comcast will launch the TiVo digital video recorders in the New England markets in August 2007. According to TiVo chief executive officer Tom Rogers, the trials with Comcast are progressing well and will include limited deployment. Rogers also said that TiVo's work with...
- Comcast Tests 'Super DVR' Recording 15 Shows at Once. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;7/7/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 26, p26
The article offers brief information on the "AnyRoom DVR" service option with X1 high definition-digital video recorders (X1 HD-DVRs) from Comcast.
- TiVo's Costly Sub Drive. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;8/29/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p29
Reports on the marketing spending of digital video recorder (DVR) TiVo Inc. as of August 2005. Profit gained by TiVo for the second quarter of 2005; Plan of cable operator DirecTV Inc. to market is own digital video recorders; Preference of Comcast Corp. for its premium DVR endorsement for 2006.
- Building a Bigger Cloud. Winslow, George // Multichannel News;5/5/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 17, p24
The article presents an interview with Matthew Strauss, executive vice president (VP) of video services for telecommunication firm Comcast Cable, who discusses his footprint for cloud digital video recorder (DVR) deployments, and advantages of cloud DVRs.