Comcast Skypes Up HDTVs
- Ad Group to Comcast: Cease Claims. // Multichannel News;9/5/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p6
The article reports on the recommendation made by the National Advertising Division of the Council of Better Business Bureaus which aims to stop Comcast Corp. from claiming that its Xfinity services can provide the best quality of high definition (HD) picture.
- Comcast Plans Wider Rollout for HDTV. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;3/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p3
Reports the plan to offer the high-definition television by Comcast Corp. in the U.S. Specialization of local digital-broadcast channels and movie services; Response of the customers on the plan of Comcast Corp.; Scheme on one-box solution from Motorola Inc. and Scientific-Atlanta Inc.
- Comcast Adds HD PBS Feed in Philly. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;7/15/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p14
Reports the plan of Comcast Corp. on adding a high-definition (HD) television channel in the United States. Importance of adding HD content on Comcast Corp.; Subscription rate of HD television services; Partnership of Comcast with a major consumer electronics retailer company.
- Comcast, Panasonic building HDMI-CEC-based STBs. // CED;Feb2009, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p12
The article reports on the collaboration between Panasonic Corp. and Comcast Corp. in bringing up High-Definition Multimedia Interface-Consumer Electronics Control (HDMI-CEC) technology to the modern digital cable set-top boxes in the U.S. Both companies are incorporating HDMI-CEC with tru2way...
- Tweeter, Comcast HDTV Partnership At Retail Expands. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/15/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p4
Reports on the plan of Tweeter Home Entertainment and Comcast to expand their partnership on retailing cable high-definition TV (HDTV) systems and services to markets in several states in the U.S. States where the HDTV services will be offered; Terms of the HDTV services program; Customers that...
- Panasonic's Sakamoto Details HD Strategies. Smith, Steve // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/28/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p1
The article discusses the strategy of Panasonic AVC Networks Co. for high-definition (HD) technologies according to company president Toshihiro Sakamoto. Speaking at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Sakamoto outlined Panasonic's strategies, which include the introduction of...
- 4K Panel Revenues To Jump 94% In 2015. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/4/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p18
The article reports on the data from global source of critical information and insight provider IHS Inc. which shows that strong promotion of Ultra high-definition (HD) television, rising 4K panel yield rates, and 4K displays on desktop monitors will increase factory-level revenues by 94% in 2015.
- High def market: open for business. West, Janet // TVB Europe;Jan2004, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the increasing market share of high definition television in Europe. Escalation of sales revenue from high definition programs; Improvement of the production budget; Enhancement of the color visuals of the commercials.
- Marketing Co., Cablers Team On HDTV Site. Gil, Billy // Home Media Magazine;7/1/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p8
The article reports that Broadband National Inc., an online marketing firm, has partnered with Comcast, Time Warner Cable and Charter Communications in a Web venture to promote high definition televisions (HDTV). Discounts on HDTV will be offered through the Web site htdvspecialoffer.com, in...