- 10 STORIES THAT MATTER. // Multichannel News;12/9/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 46, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including formation of telecommunications law into the broadband era, plans of entertainment channel ESPN for football world cup 2014, and pay-as-you-go Television for U.S. military.
- Will ESPN be on Custom TV? Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;2/10/2016, pA02
The article reports that the cable television company ESPN will be included by the telecommunications company Verizon Communications in its Custom Television (TV) package.
- THE MEDIA HAS A MESSAGE ... Bradley, Ryan // Fortune;10/28/2013, Vol. 168 Issue 7, p20
The article focuses on the impact of the Internet on the telecommunications industry. It notes that information travels through a series of tubes delivered to phones, tablets and computers. The cable channels of media brand ESPN collect five dollars from households and its audience averages...
- ESPN's new teleport facility expands the network's distribution. // Broadcast Engineering;Dec2008 Digital Reference Guide, p47
The article reports on the move of ESPN to establish a new teleport facility, which aims to expand the television network's channel distribution in the U.S. According to the article, the center is composed of five terraces which allows for a clear line of sight to both international and domestic...
- SLRPs, BUMs, Swishes, and Success. Safian, Robert // Fast Company;May2011, Issue 155, p14
An introduction to the May 2011 issue of "Fast Company" is presented. Topics discussed include basketball player LeBron James, telemedicine, and television network ESPN.
- THROUGH THE WIRE. // Multichannel News;10/30/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p57
The article offers news briefs relating to telecommunication in the U.S. Arris Group Inc. has been making effort to acquire Concurrent Computer, a supplier of video-on-demand servers and high-performance computing systems. The ESPN's October 23, 2006 presentation of "Monday Night Football" game...
- Talkback. L., Ian; Thornton, Yvonne S. // Multichannel News;9/14/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p30
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to the articles in the previous issues including "YouTube's Bandwidth Bill Estimated at $300M for 2009" in the September 9, 2009 issue and "U.S. Open Ratings Open Strongly for ESPN2" in the September 7, 2009 issue.
- ESPN's Wide-Area World Cup. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;7/20/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 28, p18
The article reports that ESPN has expanded its private fiber-optic network for on-site coverage of the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa. It states that the expansion will create the same level of connectivity with the country's capital, that it has between its multiple studios in the U.S. The...
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;10/11/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 38, p29
The article offers news briefs related to telecommunication in the U.S. Verizon FiOS has signed a contract with ESPN as its third affiliate for the college football highlights and scoring channel. CurrentTV has coordinated with video game designer Will Wright for a multi-episode series that...