Cablevision, Cox Say: Can You Hear Us Now?
- Tech notes. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;10/25/99, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p12
Reports on technology applications in the television broadcasting industry in the United States as of October 25, 1999. Includes Cablevision Systems Corp.'s plan to deploy NDS Ltd.'s Open VideoGuard pay-per-view system in New York City; Orange County, California-based cable operator Cox...
- VoIP's Definately Getting Out There. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p91
Presents information on the voice over Internet protocol service to be launched by multiple systems operators in the U.S. in 2004. CableVision Systems Corp.; Comcast Corp.; Cox Communications Inc.
- Cox Brings High-Def to Vegas. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;7/29/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p12
Reports the launching of Cox Communications Inc. on the high-definition (HD) television in Las Vegas, Nevada. Agreement signing of Cox with five-hundred customer of MSO; Subscription rates of customers on HD receiver services; Introduction of MSO on HD television in Omaha, Nebraska.
- TV Everywhere's Unfi nished Business. WINSLOW, GEORGE // Multichannel News;1/7/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p11
The article discusses issues related to the TV Everywhere (TVE), a verification system concerning television service providers and Internet Protocol television. It mentions that several cable telecommunications companies including Time Warner Cable Inc., Cablevision Systems Corp. and Cox...
- NBA TV Signs First Three MSOs. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;9/29/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p6
Focuses on the distribution deals forged by NBA TV network with Cablevision Systems, Cox Communications and Time Warner Cable. Terms of the deals; Significance of the deals to the network; Background of the basketball-themed network.
- Analyst vs. Greenspan. // Multichannel News;02/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p40
Reports on financial analyst Lara Warner's assessment of the stock market performance of cable television firms Cox Communications Inc., Cablevision Systems Corp., Comcast Corp. and Charter Communications Inc.
- On The Circuit:. // CableFAX Daily;6/14/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 115, p3
The article highlights the Leaders in Learning Awards held at a Smithsonian museum. Cable in the Classroom coordinated the event with a National Cable Television Association board meeting. Programs were funded by Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter and Cablevision. Programs cited include...
- BROADBAND WEEK BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;10/18/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p50
Presents news briefs on the broadband communications industry in the U.S. as of October 18, 2004. Plan of Cablevision Systems Corp to increase downstream speeds for its Optimum Online subscribers; Overview of the deal signed by Fathom Solutions with Cox Communications Inc.; Details of the deal...
- Cox Expands VOD Ad-Data Metrics From FreeZone. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;4/18/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p24
Reports on the expansion of the FreeZone video-on-demand (VOD) platform of on Cox Communications Inc. as of April 2005. Information data featured in the VOD service; Features of the reports submitted by Comcast Corp. and Cablevision Systems Corp. to advertisers; Estimated number of digital...