Cable Programmers: We Must Adapt
- Indecent Programming on Cable Television: Legal and Social Dimensions. Kleiman, Howard M. // Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media;Summer86, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p275
Local, state, and federal attempts to regulate indecent cable programming have thus far been unsuccessful. However, the continuing absence of statutory constraints on indecency should not necessarily encourage the cable industry to adopt a pure marketplace approach to programming. To protect the...
- Cords fraying but cablers are coping. // Daily Variety;8/8/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the decline of the subscription in the cable television (TV) industry.
- Kids find a home on cable. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;05/05/97, Vol. 127 Issue 19, p57
Focuses on the television networks' venture into cable for children's viewing in the United States. Discovery Kids and Fox Kids as entries of the market; Launching of digital kids network on for Sunday mornings; Impact of television viewing on children; Competition among cartoon networks;...
- Media literacy means better, smarter TV viewing. Stonehill, Brian // Christian Science Monitor;7/26/96, Vol. 88 Issue 169, p18
Reports on a media literacy movement aimed at encouraging parents to teach their children to ask questions about what they watch. Critical attitude on the part of the viewer seen as the best strategy against unfiltered and unfettered media; Implications of a Supreme Court decision striking down...
- 2010: THE YEAR IN CLUES. // Multichannel News;12/20/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p6
A crossword puzzle related cable television industry in the U.S.
- Fear Is Good. // Multichannel News;6/11/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p35
In this article, the author talks about how fear can be motivator in the U.S. cable television industry.
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p44
A calendar of events relating to the cable television industry in October 2008 is presented, which includes the "HR Symposium" by the Cable &Telecommunications Human Resources Association, the "Cable Hall of Fame Celebration" at The Cable Center in Denver, Colorado, and the annual meeting of the...
- NCTA Stacks General Sessions With Heavy Hitters. // CT Daily;4/29/2013, p1
The article offers information on the Cable Show 2013 to be held in June in Washington D.C.
- Numbers. // Multichannel News;3/7/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p28
Statistics is presented on the share of U.S. cable operators of the 71.5 million-subscriber broadband Internet business in 2010.