The Vacation Is Over: Oprah 'All In' on OWN
- OWN OFFERS A PEEK. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;11/2/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 22, p4
The article focuses on the launch of the channel network Own LLC, a joint venture of celebrity Oprah Winfrey and Discovery Communications LLC.
- Oprah's First-Ever eBay Auction. // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Dec2003, Vol. 108 Issue 10, p7
Describes the items and products offered during the eBay Charity Auction, which was hosted by Oprah Winfrey from October 17 to 24, 2003.
- Wind beneath my wings. Winfrey, Oprah // Essence (Essence);Jun89, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p44
Discusses the reasons talk show host Oprah Winfrey gained weight over several years, and how she lost the weight on a medically-supervised liquid diet.
- Walking in the light. Cleage, P. // Essence (Essence);Jun91, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p46
Profiles leading talk show hostess Oprah Winfrey. Efforts to lose weight; Eventual weight gain; How she looks within herself to understand the choices she makes; Thoughts on her failed weekly series `Brewster Place'; Listening to her voice; Reflections on her childhood, family, and personal...
- Talk show host. Taylor, Susan // Essence (Essence);Aug87, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p57
An interview with actress and TV talk-show host Oprah Winfrey. She frankly discusses her pain while growing up, the joys and stresses of celebrity, her faith in God, and her commitment to excellence. Her happy relationship with Stedman Graham is a special inset by Julie Chenault.
- Oprah reveals her battle to stay slim on dieting segment of her TV show. // Jet;12/4/89, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p14
Summarizes comments by television talk show host Oprah Winfrey on the difficulty of keeping off the 67 pounds she lost in 1988. She also discussed plans to lose 10 of the 17 pounds she has regained.
- Oprah Winfrey tells why blacks who bash blacks tick her off. // Jet;9/17/90, Vol. 78 Issue 23, p60
Reports on comments by television show talk show host Oprah Winfrey on how she isn't bound by a slave mentality, and her feelings about blacks who bash other blacks in public. The comments were made on `Ebony/Jet Showcase' television show. Contributions of blacks who built bridges for her...
- Winfrey asks Congress to start child abuse registry. // Jet;12/2/91, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p34
Reports on television talk show Oprah Winfrey's testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee, in which she called for passage of the National Child Protection Act, setting up a national registry of convicted child abusers.
- Oprah gives $50,000 to Ind. child abuse center. // Jet;2/3/92, Vol. 81 Issue 15, p33
Reports on a $50,000 donation given by talk show host Oprah Winfrey to a child abuse-prevention group in La Porte County, Ind. where she has a home.