What's On Michael Powell's TV Menu? Let's Just Say He's 'Mad' for Dramas And Hint He's a 'Modern' 'Gleek'
- Gracefully tackling real-life drama. Lowry, Brian // Daily Variety;2/3/2010, Vol. 306 Issue 23, p4
The article presents the author's views regarding the state of the two television series "The Wire" and "Friday Night Lights."
- TV. Flynn, Gillian // Entertainment Weekly;12/29/2006, Issue 913/914, p120
This article lists the top television programs of 2006, according to "Entertainment Weekly." The HBO television program "The Wire" is cited as the top television program of 2006. The NBC television program "Friday Night Lights" is the second ranked television program of 2006, according to...
- A Second Opinion. Tucker, Ken // Entertainment Weekly;12/29/2006, Issue 913/914, p126
This article provides a list of the top television shows of 2006, according to "Entertainment Weekly" writer Ken Tucker. Tucker cites the HBO television program "The Wire" as the top television program of 2006. The Fox television drama "24" is the second ranked television program. "Friday Night...
- PROGRAM OF THE YEAR CANDIDATES. // Daily Variety;7/20/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 77, pA5
The article critiques several television programs by citing why they are great, what they can improve on and what they could do to improve their ratings. The programs include "American Idol," on Fox, "Friday Night Lights" by NBC and "The Wire" on HBO. Also included are "Heroes," on NBC and...
- 10 BEST TV SHOWS. Poniewozik, James // Time;12/25/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 26, p183
This article presents reviews of the 10 best television programs in 2006. Programs on the list include "The Wire," on HBO, "The Office," on NBC, "Friday Night Lights," on NBC, "Bleak House," on PBS, and "Battlestar Galactica," on the Sci Fi Channel. Also mentioned is the worst television...
- HBO NABS 10 TCA NOMS. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;6/4/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 42, p4
The article reports that Home Box Office (HBO) received 10 nominations for the 2008 Television Critics Association (TCA) Awards, leading all networks. A list of HBO programs nominated for awards includes "The Wire," "John Adams" and "Mad Men." Other programs which were nominated for awards,...
- What to Watch WEDNESDAY. Vozick-Levinson, Simon; Shaw, Jessica // Entertainment Weekly;2/12/2010, Issue 1089/1090, p99
A preview of the television program "Friday Night Lights" airing on DirectTV Channel 101 on February 10, 2010 is presented.
- Cowboy and Indian. // Missoula Independent;5/12/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p31
The article reports on Jesse Plemons from the folk trio Cowboy and Indian who is acknowledged for his role in "Friday Night Lights."
- Booster Shot. Friedman, Dick // Sports Illustrated;6/7/2010, Vol. 112 Issue 24, p20
The article discusses the factors that helped actor Brad Leland successfully develop the character Buddy Garrity on the television program "Friday Night Lights."