DNDO Tests Rad Detection Prototypes at Belmont Stakes
- New nuclear detection technology set to thwart development of 'dirty bombs'. Rood, Phil // Engineer (Online Edition);12/12/2014, p4
The article reviews the Modular Detection System for Special Nuclear Material developed under a European Commssion (EC) programme by a consortium that includes Padova and Insubria universities in Italy, the National Centre for Nuclear Research in Poland, and the Revenue Commissioners in Ireland.
- WHAT'S NEW SENSORS: Radiation response. // Engineer (Online Edition);6/6/2011, p42
The article offers brief information on the iCAM Alpha/Beta Continuous Air Monitor unit from Canberra UK.
- CHANGING MINDS ABOUT LEAK DETECTION. Glass, Laura // National Petroleum News;Sep2010, Vol. 102 Issue 7, p22
The article discusses the improvement of the sales of leak detection systems in the U.S. It states that leak detection systems have improve and have been used by retailers as inventory management tools than regulatory requirement. It notes that fuel retailers have realized that the unsolved...
- Designs Under Way for Nuclear Detection Project. // San Diego Business Journal;10/17/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 42, p13
The article reports that the designs of the Multi-Mode Passive Detection System, for the detection of nuclear and radiological threats, are being developed by Decision Sciences International Corp., according to KMA Architecture and Engineering.
- GLOBAL RADIOLOGICAL SOURCE SORTING, TRACKING, AND MONITORING (GRADSSTRAM) USING EMERGING RFID AND WEB 2.0 TECHNOLOGIES TO PROVIDE TOTAL ASSET AND INFORMATION VISUALIZATION. // Proceedings of the Institute of Nuclear Materials Management Ann;2009, p1
The article discusses the use of global radiological source sorting, tracking, and monitoring (GRadSTraM) through radio frequency identification (RFID) and Web 2.0 technologies to monitor radioisotopes used worldwide. GRadSTraM will provide supply chain visibility and reports nuclear sources by...
- PerkinElmer and Leading Japan Universities Announce Results of Collaboration to Detect Contamination from Nuclear Crisis. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;1/28/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article offers information on the results of a collaboration between PerkinElmer Inc. and several universities of Japan for the development of new radiation detection tests to detect contamination from nuclear crisis in Japan. PerkinElmer has provided research teams with sophisticated...
- Before and After. // Practical Horseman;Nov2009, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p17
The article provides information on the methods on how to record the riders and horse's progress in preparation for a Classic competition.
- 4H Winners. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);7/7/2010, Vol. 138 Issue 27, p8A
A photograph of the 4H Horse Club members in Burnet County, Texas who won in the American Paint Horse Association World Show Youth Judging Contest is presented, along with the specifications of the winners' ranking as well as the other members who won in the senior team category.
- Winners' CIRCLE. // Practical Horseman;Oct2011, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p70
The article offers horse riders news brief which include Isabelle Leibler has won Fiona Baan Pursuit of Excellence Memorial Trophy, Madison Goetzmann has won U.S. Equestrian Federation Pony Medal Finals, and Jennifer Hoffmann has won FEI World Breeding Dressage Championships.
- POINT OF FACT. Blackford, Bettina // Sports Illustrated;11/13/1961, Vol. 15 Issue 20, pE4
A quiz about the Washington D.C. International horse race is presented.