Drug Smugglers Building More Tunnels Into U.S., Officials Say
- Wichita Falls man jailed for methamphetamine. Rushin, Cherry // Graham Leader;8/26/2012, Vol. 137 Issue 3, p1A
The article informs about Jay Miller, a potential drug dealer who was arrested for driving while intoxicated and for planning to sell narcotics in Graham, Young County, Texas.
- SOURCE OF THE CRIME. Perlstein, Mike // New Orleans Magazine;May2007, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p58
The article focuses on how the 2005 hurricane Katrina disaster changed the drug trade in New Orleans, Louisiana. Among the changes cited to result from the incident is the change in the distribution patterns of prohibited drugs such as narcotics, cocaine and marijuana. According to police...
- Gayborhood Crime Watch. // Philadelphia Gay News;8/1/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 31, p22
This section reports incidences in the Midtown Village and Washington Square West areas that were reported to the Sixth Polic District in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania from July 14-20, 2014, including the stolen phone of a bar patron, a narcotics transaction observed by the Sixth District Narcotics...
- Combating 'la Drug Scene'--in France. CHRISTIAENS, LOUIS // America;10/16/1971, Vol. 125 Issue 11, p286
The article examines the drug problem in France as of 1971. It is said that there were 206 drug pushers and 994 addicts arrested in 1969 and it is estimated that these figures went up to more than 450 and 1,300, respectively, during the 1970. On January 3, 1971, the "Journal Officiel" had...
- Russia's 'New Thinking' on Afghan Narcotics Weitz, Richard // World Politics Review (19446284);11/22/2011, p6
The author comments on Russian Federal Drug Control Service (FSKN) director Viktor Ivanov's statement about an agenda to increase Russian-American cooperation in counternarcotics in Afghanistan. Ivanov has proposed the creation of an integrated command for fighting Afghan drug traffickers....
- The Agony about "Ecstasy". // Defence Journal;2012, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p97
The article on the investigation led by the International Narcotics Control Board (INCB) into Pakistan's import of "ephedrine" during 2010 beyond its stipulated international quota. INCB said it is concerned about the diversion and attempted diversion of ephedrine and Pseudoephedrine in...
- U.S. Customs: Checking Cargo with Closer Eye. Ramey, Joanna // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/21/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 81, p2
Reports on the implementation of rules by the U.S. Customs Service governing the inspection of cargos for the smuggling of narcotics. Ways for stashing narcotics in containers. Implications for importing operations; Development of customs and security programs; Cargo security rules.
- Miami Vice. Grim, Ryan // Reason;Aug/Sep2009, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p32
The article focuses on the history of the cocaine market in Florida. The author says that the state had a long history of smuggling coffee, tobacco, and other products that are subjected to tariffs. In the late 1970s, customs officials have estimated that more than 80 cocaine-laden planes have...
- Zeroing in on border smuggling. TALLIS, BENJAMIN // Prague Post;8/ 8/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 32, pD2
The article reports on the discovery of a smuggling tunnel which links a private house in Uzhgorod, Ukraine to a warehouse between the villages of VyÅ¡nÃ© NemeckÃ© and NiÅ¾nÅ¾ NemeckÅ¾ in Slovakia.