- Technology must be repackaged to counter terrorism. Rhea, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Aug2002, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p1
Reports the modification of technology to counter terrorism in the U.S. Views of Paul Kleindorfer, professor of management at Wharton School in Philadelphia; Responsibilities of the National Security Agency in the detection of vital information; Roles of the private and public sector in...
- AMERICA ON ALERT. Dyer, Nicole // Science World;02/11/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p17
Discusses the use of science and technology in protecting food supply, airports and postal system in the U.S. against terrorism.
- Countering Terrorism: The Ultimate Challenge To Technology. Bursky, David // Electronic Design;11/5/2001, Vol. 49 Issue 23, p26
Editorial. Focuses on the challenges of technology on preventing terrorism in the United States. Assurance of better building structures withstanding devastation; Provision of advance warnings of impending danger; Development of sensing and countermeasures technologies.
- Sept. 11, 2001: another day which will live in infamy. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Oct2001, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the role of advanced technology to counter terrorism in the United States. Causes of American vulnerability to terrorist attacks; Employment of commercial technologies in military applications; Attempt of terrorist to disrupt essential computer and communication networks.
- AMERICA ON ALERT. Dyer, Nicole // Science World (Teacher's Edition);2/11/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p17
Discusses the efforts made by the United States government to counter terrorism using high-technology tools as of February 2002.
- HOMELAND INSECURITY. Noden, Merrell // Popular Science;Sep2002, Vol. 261 Issue 3, p79
Comments on the role of technology in providing security to the dwellers of New York City and other cities in the United States from terrorist attacks. Effects of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the people in the U.S.; Chemical weapon sensors installed in the subway system of D.C....
- IT TO PLAY CENTRAL ROLE IN TERRORIST FIGHT. Lundquist, Eric // eWeek;10/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p3
Focuses on the role of information technology in fighting terrorism in the United States. Prevalence of Nimda worm through the Internet; Use of the Internet for security monitoring of products; Danger of storing large amounts of data.
- Summaries. // Justitiele Verkenningen;2011, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p72
The article presents an overview of articles published within this issue including one on the phenomenon of function creep and applications of information and communication technology (ICT), one on counterterorism and securitization, and one on the role of intervention teams in securitization.
- Fighting Terrorism with Information. Strickland Jr., Lee S. // Information Management Journal;Jul2002, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p27
Examines the contribution of information technology as a tool against terrorism in the U.S. Functions of intelligence organizations; Components of information networks; Approaches to fight terrorism.