New Name, New Product Line
- Patriot Antenna Systems Appoints Link Microtek as UK Distributor. // Antenna Systems & Technology;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p22
The article reports on the appointment of Link Microtek as distributor in Great Britain for Michigan-based Patriot Antenna Systems. Patriot is a manufacturer of antennas and accessories for military and commercial satellite communications applications. The Patriot antennas include Ku-Band,...
- Short Transmissions. // Satellite News;11/6/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 43, p6
The article presents news briefs on the satellite industry. A partnership between Cingular Wireless LLC and XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. to offer XM music channels to Cingular channels is discussed. Portugal Telecom has selected the Skyedge broadband satellite hub equipment of Gilat...
- CeBIT report. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug97, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p19
Reports on developments in the telecommunication industry as of August 1997. Includes the formation of a joint-venture of Libertel and Electronic Data Systems to offer customers a complete mobile communications package; China's State Council's approval of China United Telecommunications Corp.'s...
- Advice from Adland. McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p12
Opinion. Focuses on the competition among telecommunications service providers. Money that will be wasted on advertising; Proliferation of multiple products and services.
- CDMA in Israel, the Philippines. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p26
Reports on developments related to telecommunication as of January 1998. Israel's Phone Communication's contract with Motorola to deploy first code division multiple access cellular network; Philippines Telegraph and Telephone's contract with Qualcomm.
- Data warehousing: Managing knowledge. Handen, Larry; Boyle, Patricia // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p61
Focuses on the role of data warehousing in the telecommunication industry. Effects of deregulation, globalization and partnering; Technical architecture of data warehouse.
- Following the market lead. Young, Laurie // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p71
Focuses on the characteristics of future telecommunication services. Importance and value to customer segments; Effects of telecommunication privatization and liberalization, technological and industrial convergence.
- Concentrating on the network. Lewis, Alun // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p75
Focuses on a standards-based interface between the switch and the access network in telecommunication. Demand for interoperability; Stepping-stone approach; Benefits of V5.2. INSET: Telenet gains the V5.2 edge..
- New operators: An endangered species? McGregor, Charles // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p78
Focuses on Europe's telecommunication service provision market. Controlling the network; Access to the control of network capacity; Consolidation in the industry.