Wireless IPO Prospects Dim in 2002
- Taking A Swing At The Stock Market. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;02/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the initial public offerings of several wireless telecommunication companies as others wait until market conditions improve. Scheduled offering of Verizon Wireless shares; Value of the Agere offering; Reasons for the decision of Cingular Wireless not to pursue its public offering;...
- Wireless IPOs Get Boost The Sept. 11 cell phone drama may help Verizon, Cingular. Etzel, Barbara // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/29/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 40, pN.PAG
Reports on the decision of U.S.-based cellular operation companies Verizon Wireless Inc. and Cingular Wireless Inc. to launch their initial public offerings (IPO) in 2002. Significant increase in prospects of IPO following the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks; Introduction of products for...
- Business. // RCR Wireless News;11/29/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p12
Presents news briefs on wireless companies in the U.S. as of November 29, 2004. Plan of Cingular Wireless L.L.C. to sell the V551 cellular phone from Motorola Inc.; Withdrawal of wireless e-mail company Seven from its plan to launch an initial public offering; Information on an IPOD-style phone...
- Cingular Heads North. // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p26
Reports that the business unit of Cingular Wireless Inc. introduced a Canadian roaming service in major metropolitan areas.
- Cingular Starts Testing GAIT. // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p5
Reports that Cingular Wireless has started field tests on interoperability standards allowing its subscribers to use both its global satellite for mobile communications and time division multiple access networks. Cingular's plan for the technology called, GAIT; Company that is providing the...
- BITS. // Wireless Week;4/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p16
Presents news in telecommunication business as of April 2002. Teen driving safety and courtesy program launched by Cingular Wireless; Rural Wireless Telecommunications Consumer Enhancement Act of 2002 introduced by Representative Barbara Cubin, R-Wyo.; Operators of a common wireless carrier...
- CINGULAR UNVEILS ADVANCED NETWORK/PHONES FOR MISSOURI. // Tele-Service News;Nov2003, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p7
Features the network unveiled by Cingular Wireless which provides advances in wireless technology, offering phones with greater functionality, superior sound quality and high-speed data connectivity.
- Cingular launches plan that lets customers save unused minutes. // RCR Wireless News;8/26/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p4
Reports that Cingular Wireless LLC has launched its Rollover program for local calling plans that allows customers to roll over unused minutes.
- CINGULAR WIRELESS UNVEILS VOICE-ACTIVATED WIRELESS PORTAL. // Audiotex Update;Jan2002, p6
Introduces Voice Connect, a voice portal product from Cingular Wireless in the U.S. Product features; Availability; Pricing.