Motorola, Food.com Deliver Mobile Commerce Initiative
- M-Commerce Gets Renewed Push. Bruno, Antony // Billboard;3/11/2006, Vol. 118 Issue 10, p16
The article considers the renewed popularity of mobile commerce as of March 2006. In the late 1990s, mobile commerce was proclaimed as a killer application for Internet-enabled wireless devices when the wireless industry was convinced people would use their mobile phones to buy everything. In...
- Nokia, Motorola announce software alliances. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;8/13/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 33, p9
The article announces the separate deals by rival cellular phone makers Nokia Corp. and Motorola Inc. in 2007. Nokia said that it has extended its existing collaboration with Microsoft Corp. around mobile entertainment to include support for Microsoft's PlayReady technology into the Nokia S60...
- Motorola, Palm collaborate on smart phone. // RCR Wireless News;10/2/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p18
Reports on the collaboration between Motorola Inc. and Palm Inc. to create a smart phone that combines Palm handheld computer functionality with a mobile phone. Terms of the deal; Features of the phones that will be produced from the deal.
- Biometrics Break on Through. Goldman, Chris // Wireless Review;09/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p11
Focuses on the emerging biometric authentication security innovations for the wireless electronic commerce marketplace. Features of the securetransaction service, itrust from Identix and Motorola Ventures; Application of the FingerLoc sensor technology from AuthenTec and Saflink.
- MOTOROLA/AUDIBLE TO ENABLE IDEN TO RECEIVE AUDIO CONTENT. // Telephone IP News;Apr2000, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p5
Reports on plans to incorporate Audible Inc.'s spoken audio content service to Motorola Inc.'s iDEN wireless phones.
- Motorola to use PacketVideo solution for iDEN phones. // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p20
Discusses the plan of Motorola Inc. to use PacketVideo Corp.'s wireless multimedia solution on a future generation of multiple communication phones for integrated Digital Enhanced Network wireless networks.
- Connecting the dots. Eichner, Cristina // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p12
Comments on wireless player Motorola Inc.'s statements and forecasts during its 2000 financial analysts' meeting in Chicago, Illinois.
- Transcoder to speed voice processing solutions. // Telecom Asia;Jun2002, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p58
Introduces the ComStruct PTMC wireless transcoder from Motorola. Features of the product; Development of the product to simplify the deployment of third generation wireless media gateways; Availability of the wireless transcoder.
- Motorola joins hybrid effort. // Telephony;10/27/97, Vol. 233 Issue 17, p44
Discloses that Motorola Inc. is planning to work with Siemens, Alcatel, Bosch, Italtel and Northern Telecom to develop a next generation wireless communication standard that combines elements of both CDMA and TDMA.