Alliance Calls For Emergency Response Improvements
- Does your plant fire whistle meet OSHA regulations? Medina, Rixio E. // Occupational Hazards;Oct95, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p179
Discusses the importance of maintaining facilities' emergency alert systems at par with the standards of the US Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Necessity of a written emergency action plan made available to employees; Need for distinct signals for each purpose needed to be...
- City group to tackle 911 issues. McCutcheon, Ron // Inside Tucson Business;11/19/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 35, p7
Reports the plans of the City of Tucson to replace the 911 emergency response system in Arizona. Manifestation of the replacement cost of the 20-year-old system; Design of the 911 system for 10 to 12 years operation; Difficulties in funding the project.
- City to test emergency calls Thursday. Anderson, David // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);5/21/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p1
The article reports on the community-wide test of an emergency preparedness and communication call in Whitney, Texas on May 22, 2008.
- Are You Prepared for an Emergency? Stumpf III, Gene // West County Journal;6/6/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 23, pD1
The article discusses the importance of being prepared for the aftermath of a disaster by organizing critical documents and communicating their location to designated individuals.
- Emergency management at the ready for Kyle. LEOS III, MOSES // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);5/29/2013, Vol. 111 Issue 9, p1A
The article reports on the Code Red, an automatic dialing system in Kyle, Texas which is used to notify residents about impending disaster.
- Emergency management in place for city of Buda. LEOS III, MOSES // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);5/29/2013, Vol. 111 Issue 9, p1A
The article reports on the Emergency Cellular Telephone Interface, or a Reverse 9-1-1 system for weather emergencies of Buda, Texas, saying that the system was made possible by the government of Buda through the CapitalArea Council of Governments (CAPCOG) Emergency Notification System.
- WHEN 911 CALLS YOU. Titus, Stephen // ColoradoBiz;Aug2000, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p47
Presents information on the emergency dispatch and weather monitoring services of the Emergency Management Weather Information Network and the National Weather Service in the United States. Discussion on the operation and services of the network for residents near nuclear power plants; Details...
- Pima County consolidates public safety communications in new operations center. Yohem, Roger // Inside Tucson Business;11/11/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p19
The article reports that the work on the 14.6 million dollars state-of-the-art emergency communications center of the Pima Emergency Communications & Operations Center (PECOC) is underway. The center will include the 911 Public Safety Answering Point, Homeland Security Emergency Operations and...
- Emergency alert system test identifies gaps. // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;11/10/2011, p1
The article reports on the results of the evaluation of the Emergency Alert System (EAS) in the U.S.