TechNet: Make Broadband A National Priority
- Broadband: NJ ranks in the top five for broadband access and is continuing to grow. Grippi, Vito // njbiz;12/2/2013 Supplement Doing Business, p20
The article discusses the broadband access in New Jersey which is considered one of the reasons why people will do business in the state. It notes that the state ranks in the top five states for broadband access which makes the state an attractive option for businesses. According to the author,...
- No matter where you are, Technet is there, too. // New Mexico Business Journal;Jun97, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p72
Part VI. Presents a report on New Mexico's Technet, an online service who promote rural economic development and support education in states through access to information. Technet as an Internet Service Provider; One of the problems that plague states with small population; Information about...
- Tech advocates must work together to progress. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/24/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p16
Editorial. Comments on the status of Technet in Indiana on technological development. Incentives for company formation; History of TechNet; Assessment of the technology interest in Indiana.
- Broadband wireless--the dawn of a new era. Steckley, Eugene // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p51
Focuses on the broadband wireless technological innovation in the telecommunication industry of Europe. Determination of operator's service offerings through access network technology; Delivery of higher-bandwidth services over existing copper pairs; Deployment of digital broadband wireless...
- Satellite broadband provides new option for teleworkers. Salamoff, Steve // Employee Benefit News;May2002, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p59
Focuses on the use of satellite broadband technology in facilitating teleworking in the United States. Challenges facing information technology and human resources managers in facilitating teleworking; Information on how the teleworking process works; Advantages of using satellite connectivity...
- Crossing the digital divide. Schaeffler, Jimmy // Satellite Communications;Jun2000, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p24
Focuses on broadband communication services offered to rural communities in the United States. Broadband pricing; Projected rural broadband subscriber growth by 2007; Importance of rural broadband access.
- Broadband users are gung-ho. // Credit Union Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p22
Studies the internet usage in the U.S. Use of broadband connections; Types of internet activities; Amount of time spent online.
- Brittany spears new network. // Voice+;Apr2000, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p12
Reports on Brittany, France's setting up of the Brittany Regional Broadband Network to provide high-speed Internet access and voice, video and data services in the area. Benefits expected from the regional network; France Telecom's involvement in the project.
- Sikkema, Senate Broadband Bill Applauded. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/25/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p4
Focuses on the proposed broadband legislation for high-speed internet access in Michigan. Bureaucracy in the telecommunication business; Provisions of the proposed bill; Implication of the bill.