The Sensible Road To 3G
- Cingular tech transition a costly venture. Carroll, Kelly // Wireless Review;12/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p8
Focuses on the equipment deals completed by Cingular Wireless company with several telecommunications carrier. Claims of Nokia, Siemens and Ericsson companies on the amount that they will reap from the deal with Cingular; Estimated cost of the plan of Cingular to upgrade from TDMA to GSM/EDGE...
- More Thoughts About The Road To 3G. Drucker, Elliott // Wireless Week;2/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p18
Comments on the strategies taken by AT&T Wireless Inc. and Cingular Wireless Inc. toward migrating from time division multiple access networks to third-generation air interfaces. Difficulty facing AT&T Wireless and Cingular on their migration; Potential benefits of the migration.
- Cingular hints at GSM. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;12/4/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the possibility that time division multiple access (TDMA) provider Cingular Wireless and other TDMA carriers will follow AT&T Wireless Services Inc.'s lead and add global system for mobile communications and general packet radio service technology to their TDMA networks.
- Cingular hints at GSM move. Meyer, Dan // Global Wireless;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p30
Discusses the pressure on Cingular Wireless and other time division multiple access (TDMA) carriers of the announcement that AT&T Wireless Services will overlay its existing TDMA-based network with a global services for mobile (GSM) communications network supporting General Packet Radio Service...
- AT&T Wireless launches service in Ohio. // RCR;02/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p24
Reports on the expansion of AT&T Wireless Services Inc.'s Time Division Multiple Access network to Columbus, Ohio.
- Gildering TDMA. Lynch, Grahame // Telecom Asia;Jun2000, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p102
Comments on AT&T Wireless Services Inc.'s use of time division multiple access (TDMA) as its network platform. Dominance of TDMA-interface operators in the market; Increase in AT&T's revenues; Advantages of TDMA over code division multiple access.
- Feasting on the TDMA carcass. Lynch, Grahame // Telecom Asia;Jul2001, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p60
Focuses on the capability of time division multiple access800 operators to manage the transition to 2.5G to third generation platforms. Plans of AT&T Wireless and Rogers' Wireless on their networks; Inavailability of the experience, infrastructure and handsets for the platform.
- Swan Song? Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;5/14/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p54
Comments on the 2001 conference sponsored by the Universal Wireless Communications Consortium (UWCC). Information on the UWCC conferences in the past; Speculated plans of Cingular for an improved mobile communication system operating in Europe; Details on the use of the Time Division Multiple...
- Revolution In Texas. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;05/29/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p1
Reports that software developers and application service providers dominated the Wireless Data Forum's Wireless Agenda 2000 in Texas. Attendance of the forum; Plans of AT&T Wireless Services (AWS) for its use of time-division multiple access air interface technology; Focus of AWS date strategy;...