Government's ÄŒEZ hopes up in smoke
- Further delays to CEZ privatisation. // Modern Power Systems;Jun2002, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p11
Reports on the delayed privatization of Czech power company CEZ following the slowdown of a deal to procure distribution assets.
- CEZ privatisation controversy continues. // Power Economics;Jan2002, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p10
Reports privatization plans for CEZ. Decision of the Tractebel to withdraw from the shortlist; List of companies joining the bidding; Examination of the privatization procedure.
- Gov't hot, ÄŒEZ cold on a private near-future. Johnstone, Chris; Lešenarová, Hana // Prague Business Journal;2/4/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p1
Reports the interest of the government to acquire ÄŒEZ, an electric utility in the Czech Republic. Strategic plans of the company; Views of Prime Minister MiloÅ¡ Zeman regarding the acquisition plan; Sale options for the electric utility considered by the Ministry of Finance and Ministry of...
- THE CEZ DILEMMA. Nemcova, Ingeborg // New Presence: The Prague Journal of Central European Affairs;Winter2002, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p40
Addresses the privatization dilemma of the Czech Republic's giant electricity monopoly, CEZ (Czech Electrical Enterprise). Implication of privatization for the country's economy; Competition; Desirability of the Temelin nuclear power plant.
- Gov't makes matters worse for CEZ sale. Lesenarova, Hana; Johnstone, Chris // Prague Business Journal;11/5/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 44, p1
Reports the impact of the clarification of government for the sales conditions of CEZ electricity package on the privatization committee in Czech Republic. Implementation of ban on the owner selling core assets by the committee; Special government permission for other exceptions to the ban;...
- OECD slams Czech Republic sell off plans. // Power Economics;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p11
Reports the criticism of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development on the privatization plans of energy sector in Czech Republic. Impact of the plans on the electricity and gas sector competition; Move of the government to sell the energy sector; Effects of breaking CEZ into...
- CEZ sale founders over poor bids. // Power Economics;Feb2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p6
Reports the privatization proposals for the national power utility CEZ in Czech Republic. Percentage of share by the government over the company; Impact of the proposal changes on the bidders; Combination of high price and strict conditions of the government.
- Energy privatization goes from bad to worse, and heads should roll. Machacek, Jan // Prague Business Journal;1/14/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p8
Comments on issues relating to the privatization of the Czech Republic's CEZ electricity company. Prime Minister Milos Zeman's refusal to accept the resignation of industry Minister Miroslav Gregr after his failure to have the Temelin nuclear power plant operational at the end of 2001;...
- Slovaks provide a study in contrasts on energy sector privatization. Johnstone, Chris // Prague Business Journal;2/11/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p9
Reports the status of privatization in Czech Republic. Collapse of CEZ electrical company; Interest of foreign investors to buy the regional energy distribution companies in Slovakia; Expected impact of the sale on the power sector.