Telecom Mini tariff users left out
- Alternative telcos take off the gloves. Halilovic, Emir // Prague Business Journal;3/11/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p1
Reports the complaints of several telecommunication operators against Czech Telecom for allegedly violating laws on tariff programs in Prague, Czech Republic. Restriction of clients from using services of competing operators; Reaction of the public toward tariff programs; Effects of Home Mini...
- Alternative telcos call for CTU to rule on 'colored-line' charges. Halilovic, Emir // Prague Business Journal;9/24/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 38
Focuses on the disputes between telephone companies due to network interconnection charges offered by Czech Telecom for toll-free and tariff lines in Czech Republic. Plans to liberalize telecommunication market; Intervention of Czech Telecoms Office on the charges; Impact of the charges on the...
- High hopes dashed for alternative telcos on a difficult market. Lesenarova, Hana; Halilovic, Emir // Prague Business Journal;11/12/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 45, p5
Reports on developments related to telecommunication in the Czech Republic, for the week ended November 18, 2001. Uncertainty about the future of Aliatel; Advantages of Czech Telecom over alternative operators; Foreign-owned telecom companies operating in the country.
- Company defends fixed-line fee hikes. Halilovic, Emir // Prague Business Journal;1/14/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p1
Reports on Czech Telecom's explanation of its decision to increase its rates in January 2002. Redistribution of costs between different parts of the company's operation before the residential market is opened later in 2002; Higher fixed fees for home users; Additional tariffs introduced for...
- 7 Telecom suitors to get look at books. Le&stilde;enarova, Hana // Prague Business Journal;1/28/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the verification of tenders by the government of Czech Republic which were submitted by telecom investors to acquire the fixed-line operator Czech Telecom based in Czech Republic. Secrecy maintained by an investor regarding its identity in the bid; Investors which submitted their...
- Telecom sale caught in web of contracts. Halilovic, Emir // Prague Business Journal;11/11/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the controversy concerning the sale agreement on the government's fifty one per cent share in Czech Telecom. Talks between the government and TelSource on aspects of the pre-sale agreement; Challenges to the government's fifty one per cent stake; Price and regulatory issues.
- Telecom still not thinking outside the box for revenue-generating ideas. Halilovic, Emir // Prague Business Journal;11/25/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 45, p6
Reports that Czech Telecom intends to unify its prices for local and long-distance calls within Czech Republic and is in talks with the Czech Telecommunications Office, which should allow it. Problems within the business operations of Telecom; Issues concerning file sharing; Threat from...
- Industry newcomer Berdï¿½r gets call for top Czech Telecom position. M�ller, Igor // Prague Business Journal;4/14/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p5
Reports on Gabriel Berdar's appointment as chief executive officer of Czech Telecom in April 2003. Responsibility for privatizing the remaining 51 percent state-owned stake in the company; Plans to buy the remaining shares of mobile operator Eurotel; Berdar's career background; Expectation for...
- CT's fate beyond gov't grasp. Halilovic, Emir // Prague Business Journal;9/10/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 36
Focuses on Czech Republic government's efforts to dress up Czech Telecom (CT) ahead of its privatization. Decline of share price; Slowdown in liberalization of telecommunications market; Allegations of subsidizing CT from taxpayers' money.