Bankruptcy reform on horizon as system struggles to cope
- FOR THE RECORD. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);7/31/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p24
A list of bankruptcies, transactions and opening of business enterprises in Las Vegas, Nevada is presented.
- Financial Characteristics of Businesses in Bankruptcy. Warren, Elizabeth; Westbrook, Jay Lawrence // American Bankruptcy Law Journal;Summer99, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p499
Assesses the financial characteristics of business bankruptcies in the United States. Variation among several industries in bankruptcy; Impact of bankruptcy on the number of workers and small businesses; Account of debtors on the reasons for financial problems causing bankruptcy.
- Economy is ultimate loser. Jones, Llewellyn // Finance Week;9/13/2002, p37
Reports the bankruptcy laws in South Africa. Preparation of a draft insolvency and business recovery bill; Effect changes in judicial management; Control of an independent administrator of a company.
- Non-bankruptcy alternatives for the financially distressed business. Weinberg, Joel B. // Business Credit;Oct95, Vol. 97 Issue 9, p19
Features non-bankruptcy alternatives for financially distressed businesses. General assignments; Reorganizing out of court; Meeting of creditors; Restructuring.
- Bankruptcies. // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/5/95, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p9
Lists the companies that filed for protection from creditors in the US Bankruptcy Court in Cleveland, Ohio from May 17 to 30, 1995. Company name; Address; Assets; Liabilities.
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Crain's New York Business;7/29/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p22
Reports developments related to business enterprises in New York as of August 2002. Bankruptcy filing of Worldcom Inc.; Decrease of shares for Citigroup and J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.; Preparation of regulatory action against Jack Grubman by the National Association of Securities Dealers.
- 'Waging war on recession.' // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/22/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 43, p25
Reports on the impact of recession on various businesses in New York City. Risks of bankruptcy; Reduction of sales; Need of making an effective marketing strategies.
- Bankruptcies down in July. // Inside Tucson Business;08/14/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p3
Presents a statistical data on the bankruptcy rate of business enterprises in Arizona as of July 2000. Accounts of the recorded bankruptcy fillings by the divisional office of the bankruptcy court; Comparison of the percentage of bankruptcy between 1999 and 2000; Details on several bankruptcy...
- Bankruptcies up in June. // Inside Tucson Business;7/9/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p3
Reports the bankruptcies of several business enterprises in Tucson, Arizona. Percentage increase for bankruptcies in the Tucson area; Factors affecting the increase of bankruptcies.
- BANKRUPTCIES. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p47
Presents companies filing for bankruptcy petitions at Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Louisiana.