TV companies drop Latin soaps, boost in-house production
- Websites, in-house shows edge out Latin soaps in TV war. Csonka, �gnes // Budapest Business Journal;2/11/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p19
Reports the expansion plans of RTL Klub and TV2 in both online and offline content in Budapest, Hungary. Changes in the programming strategy of RTL; Views of Ferenc Tolvaly, chief executive officer of TV2 on online expansion strategy; Condition of the internet business of TV2.
- Rivalry fuels ratings battle. Nadler, John // Variety;10/7/2002, Vol. 388 Issue 8, pA16
Presents an update on the status of television broadcasting in Hungary as of October 2002. Effect of the rivalry between TV2 and RTL Klub on the industry; Information on the popular television program in the country as of October 2002; Plans to reinvigorate Magyar Televizio.
- Magyars contemplate reality. Nadler, John // Variety;09/25/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 6, pM25
Deals with the plans of television (TV) broadcasters in Hungary to offer reality TV shows. Reality show being developed by RTL Klub; Results of TV2's testing of reality show `Tegla'; TV programs from foreign countries being targeted by Hungarian TV broadcasters at the year 2000 Mipcom.
- BVI-TV makes movie 'Sense' with RTL Klub. Brennan, Steve // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/8/2002, Vol. 375 Issue 27, p99
Reports that broadcasting company Buena Vista International Television (BVITV) has signed several programming deals including the one with Hungarian broadcaster RTL Klub. Advantage of the deal to the Klub; Other broadcasting companies that have entered into an agreement with BVITV; Television...
- Watchdog barks at RTL Klub. Nadler, John // Variety;9/22/2003, Vol. 392 Issue 6, p20
Reports on the investigation by broadcast regulator ORTT on the legality of the operation of m+ and f+ television channels by RTL Klub in Hungary in September 2003. Comments of Peter Kolosi, programming director of RTL; Issue pointed out by rivals of RTL.
- Hungary: Local fare, reality fill airwaves. Nadler, John // Variety;4/4/2005, Vol. 398 Issue 7, pA14
Reports on a decline in the buying power of Hungarian commercial companies RTL Klub and TV2 at Mip as of April 2005. Factors that led to the decline; Impact of the decline on programming for children; Networks included in the cable television in Hungary.
- Hungary: Rising niche nets navigate to positions of prominence. Nadler, John // Variety;3/29/2004, Vol. 394 Issue 7, pA13
Presents updates on the television broadcasting industry in Hungary as of April 2004. Information on media companies RTL Klub and TV2; Comments from Cecilia Hazai, president of Twin Media, on the niche channels; Performance of the television program "Real World."
- Thaw in laws may leave cablers skating on thicker ice. Nadler, John // Variety;4/16/2007, Vol. 406 Issue 9, pA13
The article reports on the activities of the two broadcast television networks in Hungary, the piece written on the occasion of the 2007 MIP TV market and conference held in Cannes, France. Both of the networks, TV2 and RTL Klub, sought to purchase American television programming but faced...
- Boston duopoly doubles on local news. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;9/10/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p8
Reports on the developments on the local television broadcasting advisory in Boston, Massachusetts. Primetime broadcasting of WSBK-TV during Labor Day; Focus on the reorganization of WSBK-TV management programs; Acclimatization of the television viewers from the syndication community.