Railway price hikes drive passengers toward bus in Prague-Brno route
- Encourage bus use to alleviate parking crunch. // Crain's Detroit Business;12/11/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 50, p8
Reports that Detroit, Michigan is encouraging bus use to alleviate parking difficulties. Major bus systems in the city; Benefits from using buses.
- ODE TO THE BUS. Schlidgen, Bob // Sierra;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p47
Describes the experiences in riding a bus. Problems met during the morning rush hour; Benefits of riding a bus; Ways to avoid the traffic. INSET: HOW DOES YOUR HOMETOWN RATE?.
- Coalition aboard SpeedLink plan. Kosdrosky, Terry // Crain's Detroit Business;7/16/2001-7/22/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the plan for SpeedLink, a three-county bus rapid-transit network in the United States. Cost of the construction of the bus line; Route of SpeedLink.
- Class conscious. Martin, Andrew // New Statesman;06/14/99, Vol. 128 Issue 4440, p16
Focuses on the dowdy image of buses in Great Britain. Contrast between the passengers in buses and trains; Efforts to improve the image of buses.
- buses are just the ticket. Bunting, Alan // Automotive Engineer;Jan2002, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p64
Features several buses and other passenger vehicles displayed at the 2002 Coach and Bus Show organized by the Confederation of Passenger Transport in Birmingham, England. School bus from MarshallBus; MaxiRider from OmniNova; Nimbus from Salvador Caetano.
- GRATA runs link airport, downtown. Seelig // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/29/99, Vol. 17 Issue 48, pB13
Reports on the Grand Rapids Area Transit Authority's launch of two bus routes that link directly to the airport and downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan. Average airport-to-downtown taxi fare in Grand Rapids; Daily bus schedule.
- Ministry sees need for 300 to 400 new buses a year. // Hungary A.M.;02/18/2013, p4
The article focuses on the statement of the Hungary National Development Ministry as per which purchase of 300 to 400 buses per year is required for the replacement of buses operating on the VolÃ¡n network.
- Free ride plan proposed for SF. // Earth Island Journal;Spring94, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p18
Announces the `San Francisco Bay Guardian' newspaper's proposal to make rides on the San Francisco Bay Area buses free. Advantages of the free ride plan.
- NEW TRANSIT CENTER OPENS AT PENTAGON. // Army Communicator;Spring2002, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p37
The article reports on the resumption of Metro bus operations at the Pentagon Transit Center in Washington, D.C. on December 16, 2001.