CzechInvest heads east for Japanese investment
- A Subnational Analysis of Japanese Direct Investment in Canada. Delios, Andrew; Ensign, Prescott C. // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Mar2000, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p38
This study examines longitudinal aspects of Japanese foreign direct investment in Canada. In looking at the longitudinal aspects, the focus was on a descriptive analysis of entry and exit rates and on an econometric analysis of the determinants of subsidiary survival and exit. In these analyses,...
- US foreign investment. Coolidge, Shelley Donald; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;6/9/95, Vol. 87 Issue 136, p2
Reports on the increase in foreign investment in US resulting in profits, in spite of reductions from Japan.
- Filled to the (Pac) rim with expectations. White, Michael // World Trade;Aug96, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p70
Reports on private investment flows in the Pacific Basin. Japanese investment in developing economies of Vietnam, India and Myanmar; Foreign investments in China.
- POWIÄ„ZANIA INWESTYCYJNE MIÄ˜DZY JAPONIÄ„ I KOREÄ„ POÅUDNIOWÄ„. Pasierbiak, Paweł // Research Papers of the Wroclaw University of Economics / Prace N;2012 Part 2, Issue 267, p168
The author examines the development of capital flows in the form of foreign direct investment between Japan and the Republic of Korea within the period of 2000-2010. Both countries receive relatively little investment from abroad but the importance of Japanese investment inflow to Korea is...
- Scream bullish on Japan. Gallwas // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Oct99, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p38
Examines how Japan's future may provide investors with a bullish alternative to the United States stock market. Analysis of the modern-day history of Japan; Profitable trading opportunities in Japan; Japan's dynamic prospects; Outlook for Japanese investment in the US.
- Japanese investment in Britain creates 400 new jobs. // Management Services;Dec1984, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p36
This article reports on a major Japanese electronic company's plans to set up a manufacturing plant in Milton Keynes, England, in 1986. The move is thought to create 400 new jobs in England. Alps Electric Co. Ltd. of Japan, one of the worlds major producers of electronic components, will...
- THE BRITISH ARE COMING. Peak, Martha H. // Management Review;Jun90, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p5
Compares direct investment in the United States by British and Japanese companies in 1988. Figures from the U.S. Department of Commerce; Problems regarding the large trade deficit of the U.S. with Japan; Concern over the U.S. capital spending rate.
- The European Investments of Japanese Financial Institutions. Burton, F.N.; Saelens, F.H. // Columbia Journal of World Business;Winter86, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p27
A combination of increased Japanese foreign direct investment, fewer domestic banking opportunities, and official domestic controls have contributed to the diversification of Japanese financial institutions' activities in Europe. One of two inducements to this diversification are banks' desire...
- JAPAN: BUSINESS, GOLF AND GARDENS. McCooey, Christopher // Accountancy;Nov91, Vol. 108 Issue 1179, p70
Reports on Japanese direct investments in Great Britain. Economic and cultural factors; Aspects of Japan's attraction to Great Britain; Outlook on future trade.