MCN'S MOST READ
- CNBC gets down to Asian business. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/26/95, Vol. 125 Issue 26, p29
Announces National Broadcasting Co.'s launching of CNBC Asia, a 24-hour global business and financial news network. Coverage of news from Eastern Asia and Australia; Programming lineup; Subscription coverage.
- NBC `looking hard' to buy cable channel. M.K // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p15
Reports that NBC is hoping to purchase an entertainment cable channel. NBC's cable strategy; Views of Tom Rogers, president of NBC Cable; Why NBC is hoping to buy a cable channel instead of building one; Names of networks which NBC made offers to.
- NBC became an international broadcaster last week. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/4/93, Vol. 123 Issue 40, p80
Reports on NBC's purchase of a majority stake in the European satellite television service Superchannel. Purchase price; Equity partners; Audience coverage of Superchannel.
- Now, NBC says it's top cable network. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p2
Focuses on the cable industry in the United States, while indicating that National Broadcasting Co. Inc. (NBC) should be leading the top ranking television networks in the United States. Comparison of NBC to Turner Network Television company and USA Network company; Comments from Don Ohlmeyer,...
- America's Talking cable channel takes off. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;7/4/94, Vol. 124 Issue 27, p16
Reports on NBC Inc.'s launching of its America's Talking cable television network. Debut date; Double-digit distribution of America Talking; Exploration of synergies with NBC-owned CNBC cable network; Hours of live talk shows; Appointments of show staff.
- Bronfman breaks up USA-NBC dance. // MediaWeek;07/20/98, Vol. 8 Issue 29, p4
Reports on rumors about a possible merger between National Broadcasting Co. Inc. and USA Networks. Universal Studios chairman Edgar Bronfman's stake in USA Networks; USA Networks' stock performance as of July 1998.
- Comedy Central, NBC smile across new pact. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;8/23/93, Vol. 3 Issue 34, p5
Discusses NBC's teamup with Comedy Central in a cross promotion to plug the former's fall comedies to the type of audience with a propensity to tune in to them. Titles of the programs; Sponsorship solicitation for previews; Forms of advertisements for the programs.
- NBC proposes MSNBC retrans plan. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/15/96, Vol. 126 Issue 30, p16
Reports that the National Broadcasting Co. Inc. has proposed a retransmission consent plan to some broadcast affiliates tied to boosting MSNBC subscriber growth. Need for affiliates to share in cable carriage fees from the new service.
- GEO, NBC team for international channels. Johnson, Deborah // Broadcasting & Cable;12/09/96, Vol. 126 Issue 51, p96
Reports on the joint-venture between National Geographic Television and National Broadcasting Co. to roll out 24-hour National Geographic-branded channels in Latin America, Europe and Asia in 1997. Negotiations with potential local partners; Talks with New Zealand TVNZ.
- MSNBC blocks headed overseas. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/05/96, Vol. 126 Issue 33, p63
Reports on National Broadcasting Co.'s (NBC) plan to launch an MSNBC program block on its all-news networks in Europe and Asia by late 1996. Programs aired on MSNBC; Comment from Tom Rogers, president of NBC Cable; Long-range plans in Europe and Asia.