A Reader's Guide to the Cable Show
- Three Programmers Shed Western Booths. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;09/25/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p8
Reports the non-participation of several television networks in the Western Show, a cable trade show in the United States. Reasons for the non-participation; Complaint on the frequency of trade shows; Interest to participate in trade shows outside the wired-cable industry.
- The Nation's Leading Ad Category Comes Together in San Diego. Haire, Thomas // Response;May2008, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the May 2008 issue of the journal "Response," including one about the Response Expo that will be held from May 6-8, 2008 at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego, California and another on the growing demand for general cable television in...
- We Can't Really Call Cable A 'Dinosaur' Anymore. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;4/8/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p27
The article discusses the 2013 over-the-top (OTT) trade show of cable table companies that was held in San Jose, California.
- Best Western: Anaheim Trade Show Now BroadbandPlus. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);8/5/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 30, p45
Focuses on the 2002 Western Show renamed as BroadbandPlus, the trade show for the cable industry organized by the California Cable & Telecommunications Association. Examples of the exhibitors at the trade show; Reasons behind the re-branding of the show.
- WHAT'S HOT. // Expo Magazine;Jul2006, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p16
The article reports that the number of cable television networks interested in covering trade shows are on the rise. MTV and G4TV sponsored parts of web site of the E3 trade show and were given space in the lobby of the show. Trends at the International home & Housewares Show were covered by the...
- Events 09/13/12. // CT Reports;9/13/2012, p1
The article offers information on the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2012 to be held in Orlando, Florida on October 17, 2012.
- 2001 Western Loses HBO. // Multichannel News;10/30/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p24
Reports the disinterest of Home Box Office cable television network to participate in the 2001 Western Show in California. Assertion on the presence of the network staff at the show; Details on other companies not participating in the show; Impact of the move on other programming networks; List...
- National Show Accents Advanced Services. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;5/14/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p8
Highlights the 'National Show' of the Cable and Telecommunications Association in Chicago, Illinois. Theme of the event; Schedule of the show; Topics discussed in the plenary sessions.
- Indies' Consolidated Clout. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;8/7/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p3
The article reports on the Independent Show sponsored by the National Cable Television Cooperative and the American Cable Association in Chicago, Illinois, in July 2006. The key issues discussed in the event include national franchising and retransmission consent. The convention attracted a...